Whoo Hoo!!

tillergirl

Featured Posts

I've nearly bust my knicker elastic over the past few weeks after we accepted an offer on our house.............but its finally time to break out the champers cheers.gif

We were so close last Friday to completing we took the decision to go and trail a boat we had looked at back in July. Yesterday we gets a call from our solicitor to say our buyers deposit has cleared.........today we gets the call to ask if we are ready to exchange..............yes please we say.............15 minutes later we gets a call to say contracts are exchanged!!! Whoo Hoo!!

Offer made on boat - accepted.............and its out the water on Thursday for a pre-purchase survey..............if all goes well and we see no reason why it should not we will be living on this by the end of this month:

SDC11610.jpg

• Greenie 1

I've nearly bust my knicker elastic over the past few weeks after we accepted an offer on our house.............but its finally time to break out the champers

We were so close last Friday to completing we took the decision to go and trail a boat we had looked at back in July. Yesterday we gets a call from our solicitor to say our buyers deposit has cleared.........today we gets the call to ask if we are ready to exchange..............yes please we say.............15 minutes later we gets a call to say contracts are exchanged!!! Whoo Hoo!!

Offer made on boat - accepted.............and its out the water on Thursday for a pre-purchase survey..............if all goes well and we see no reason why it should not we will be living on this by the end of this month:

Hang on a minute. Thats my boat!

Edited by Kiwidad

:cheers:

Great news TG

All the very best to you and tiller boy

Dave and Doreen

I've nearly bust my knicker elastic over the past few weeks after we accepted an offer on our house.............but its finally time to break out the champers cheers.gif

SDC11610.jpg

so much for keeping it quiet :rolleyes:

fantastic news tg heres to many happy times on YOUR boat in the future :cheers:

Fantastic news!!! Both me and Anne are chuffed for you. Have you got you route sorted?

Graham

It's moored on the Rufford and we are staying put for the winter............plenty of time to fettle boat and sort a route out. biggrin.gif

and in case you are wondering this Smiff 63 fella will be coming along for the ride.rolleyes.gif

Edited by tillergirl

Well done! Just beware, there MIGHT be a long gap in between survey and ownership of the boat. We had a survey which revealed the boat needed work doing, and used it as a bargaining point. We got the majority of the work done by the seller, without any adjustment on the agreed price. Another piece of work needed doing before the boat was in our eyes safe for us to use (propellor wasn't connected to the propshaft correctly and cutlass bearing was worn) which required another dry docking and money before it was finally ours.

Good luck on the survey and hope it goes smoothly for you!

Well done! Just beware, there MIGHT be a long gap in between survey and ownership of the boat. We had a survey which revealed the boat needed work doing, and used it as a bargaining point. We got the majority of the work done by the seller, without any adjustment on the agreed price. Another piece of work needed doing before the boat was in our eyes safe for us to use (propellor wasn't connected to the propshaft correctly and cutlass bearing was worn) which required another dry docking and money before it was finally ours.

Good luck on the survey and hope it goes smoothly for you!

Survey 18th if all OK keys on the 30th.....................day after we complete...............

Absolutely fantastic news......and tell us more about the dream boat......you have been keeping very coy recently,

Look forward to seeing you out on the cut somewhere soon.

[/rilquote]

it's a GT 60ft trad with a perkins mc42 engine serviced this year blacked 2011 new paint job april 2012.