Ex Rev Martin Reed strikes again!

johnmck

Featured Posts

But if you look here, you'll see that a certain MR takes services most Sundays in the Coln River group of churches. clicky .

Also he's listed in Crockford's (The Ecclesiastical Directory).

Interesting Associate Priests are usually unpaid assistants to the incumbent.

I rather suspect that the authorities are WELL aware of the issues previously, and that if he wants to return to full time paid ministry, he has to prove himself with an unpaid stint

It may well be unpaid, but I bet he uses the position to advertise his 'retreats on the water'.

Also, the sugestion that he is should be left to abuse his congregation because that keeps him away from us just condones his behaviour.

Also, the sugestion that he is should be left to abuse his congregation because that keeps him away from us just condones his behaviour.

How does that work then? - I'm condoning nothing of the sort, he clearly has a particular personality and is going to find it difficult to change so it may be better if he carries on like that in a more 'controlled' environment where he is less likely to get away with it - it does have the added benefit of it gives the waterways folk a break.

I met him somewhere just before the waterworld programmes were broadcast, memory is too shot to remember where but at the time he seemed a pleasant if a little serious, he was keen on boating and decribed it as the second love of his life after the church...his missus didnt look too happy at that point tbh. Did anyone else meet him at the beginning and got the same impression if so what happened to him or which member of CWDF upset him and set him on the road to hellfire and damnation???

He leaves the Church through stress, embarks on a business career on the canals and it may appear that his wife may not share his passion for the water. It does not sound like a marriage made in heaven!

I suspect he suffers from the medical condition of 'anxiety' hence the boat rage i.e. very quick to flip and become abusive.

His arrogance - well that may just be his normal character :lol:

In reality he may be better off on dry land with the occasional sojourn on to the water. Sometimes business and pleasure do not mix.

• 10 months later...

Well I'm not sure if anything has been posted on this, but it seems the "Reverend" Martin Reed's hotel boat pair has almost certainly been split up.

The butty now appears to be a residential boat at Gas Street basin....

IMG_4445_zpsfbc349fd.jpg

(Unless the stressed Vicar's new ministry iis in Brum of course, and this is his current home! :o)

Well I'm not sure if anything has been posted on this, but it seems the "Reverend" Martin Reed's hotel boat pair has almost certainly been split up.

IMG_4445_zpsfbc349fd.jpg

(Unless the stressed Vicar's new ministry iis in Brum of course, and this is his current home! ohmy.png)

For what its worth, I spoke to the Rev and his family earlier this year (March/April?) when I met Oak on the Lapworth flight. He told me that the pair had been split up with Ash being sold into private ownership and Oak being retained 'mainly' as a family boat.

It was one of those situations where, based on his reputation, things could have been nasty. I was moored at the basin taking on water and had just raised the paddles on the empty lock to lock down in the direction of Stratford (after checking for any indication of an uphill boat).

I have to say that he could not have been more affable.

IMG_4445_zpsfbc349fd.jpg

(Unless the stressed Vicar's new ministry iis in Brum of course, and this is his current home! ohmy.png)

The butty 'Ash' has been bought by the Away Group and added to their fleet of boats. Martin Reed has sold it.

• 5 years later...
On 22/08/2013 at 11:36, Dave_P said:

The butty 'Ash' has been bought by the Away Group and added to their fleet of boats. Martin Reed has sold it.

Oak and Ash may be long forgotten, by some at least.  But they are no longer separated.  Having encountered them soon after they were launched, I came across them again last summer.  They are now owned by Dan and Vikki, who run Langley Mill Boatyard and, much altered, they provide accommodation for their family at the yard.

• 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, Athy said:

A whatty?

An offensive left wing term for anyone with a slight lean towards the right wing, or heaven forbid, a supporter of Brexit. 

The assumption being that Reed is/was either of the above.  In my experience, offensive behaviour has never been confined to either of the above groups.

Edited by furnessvale
  • Greenie 1