Address to give bank, DLVA etc?

doconline

Featured Posts

Hi, I just wondered if anyone could help. If you live aboard permanently, what do people do about an address to give banks etc if your boat is your only home? Just wondered about how it would affect your credit rating if you decided to go back to living in a house after a few years, and you have a gap on in your addresses?

Hi, I just wondered if anyone could help. If you live aboard permanently, what do people do about an address to give banks etc if your boat is your only home? Just wondered about how it would affect your credit rating if you decided to go back to living in a house after a few years, and you have a gap on in your addresses?

Use a relative's, or a really good friend's, (with their permission of course!)

Hi and welcome to the forum.

We use my husband's parents' address for all correspondence - they forward stuff to us either using the Post Restante facility or to a local marina / business that we've got permission from.

I use a relatives address for almost everything, i was told that if i were looking for finance at any time one check that carries a lot of positive points is if the name and address given matches the electoral role.

I use a relatives address for almost everything, i was told that if i were looking for finance at any time one check that carries a lot of positive points is if the name and address given matches the electoral role.

Good point - I've heard that as well. We're registered on the electoral roll at the in-laws and have a postal vote.

• 3 weeks later...

Well blow me down! Just received my new photocard DR licence and v5 for my old ford with my C/O address accepted! I included a cover note with the applications explaining that I lived on a narrowbat and the the only address I had was C/O. Result!

Now all that's left is the business bank acc and classic car insurance for the rod.....

Very true. I'm a liveaboard on the Shroppie. Just been refused a Co Op bank account due to an adverse Experian report, despite having 150k in my existing current account (house sale). I checked and my rating is excellent 985/1000 but I'm not on the electoral roll at the mooring. We put a post box on the moorings and I have succeeded in changing my address with the inland revenue, the dvla, existing bank and have just been issued a new passport :-)

Cheers Phil

I use my Dad's for now... I had an issue trying to get a new driving licence registered to my last mooring as it wasn't seen as a residential address for the UK. ID. database's purpose.

When I registered the mooring address I put in the details of the land owner ie postcode and chose their address and then when asked if there was any suffix to the address put "The Moorings" which was accepted.

Phil

• 3 weeks later...