Its Not Just Boats And Spitfires.....

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Good morning everbody after a very long weekend I find myself being discussed on Canal Forum I won't go into the ramblings on "gas Bottles" The reason I and Jenni Glyn were talking to Robin Evans as Alan Fincher has already quoted was to discuss the recognition of the boat families during the World War 2. There have been many articles and books written about the exploits of the "Idle Women" but very little about the boat families during this period.After speaking to many of the remaing people who lived and worked through the war on the canal system we felt it was time to do something about it.

Everybody has thier own adgenda with regard to the canals mine of course is historical being a canal boat family historian Thats why Jenni and I were bending Mr Evans ear we start at the top and work down.Watch this space!!!!!

By the way the weekend was very successful

• Greenie 1

Thanks for the more detailed explanation Lorna - at least it seems I got that bit largely right!

I'm kind of wishing I hadn't started the thread now (!), and didn't intend to drag you in to it, other than trying to point out that (on this occasion at least), Robin Evans, who is regularly criticised for sitting in an ivory tower just collecting a large salary and bonuses, was actually out talking to people who care about the canals.

I hope your "ear bending", and that of others, proves useful.

We had a cracking weekend - I hope you did to. I certainly assume the event must have been financially successful ??

I'm kind of wishing I hadn't started the thread now (!), and didn't intend to drag you in to it, other than trying to point out that (on this occasion at least), Robin Evans, who is regularly criticised for sitting in an ivory tower just collecting a large salary and bonuses, was actually out talking to people who care about the canals.

IWe had a cracking weekend - I hope you did to. I certainly assume the event must have been financially successful ??

Alan, I have started threads with the best of intentions, as I sure many others have, only to find them go off on a tangent I never envisaged. This unfortunately is the way forums appear to function.

Take heart, the majority on this forum know your observations were well intended.