T&M Breach - Mooring

ClaymoorePaul

Featured Posts

Hi everyone.

Just a quick post regarding the T&M breach.

If you are stuck North of the Preston Brook Tunnel, cannot get back South and need to leave your boat somewhere safe, you are more than welcome to leave it at our base at Claymoore. We are building up a little collection of private boats as I type so you may want to ring ahead first (01928 717273). However we will do what we can to fit you in as we have quite a long stretch we can moor along and are allowed to moor several out.

If you are on a hire boat with another company and are supposed to be heading back along the affected route, your hire company may ask you to stop at us as we will be turning round several of their boats that are stuck.

Of course there is no charge to moor during this incident, I would just ask that your stop with us is due to a genuine need as you can't get South.

I hope this helps.

Paul

Strange that no one has acknowledged your kind offer yet.

Belated thanks from me anyway although I won't need to take it up as our boat is almost as far away from the T & M as you can get (and still sitting in the garden on sleepers unfinished)!

Richard

Strange that no one has acknowledged your kind offer yet.

I guess anyone who wants to take it up will contact by PM.

Six people (including me) gave the post a greenie, and let me say here it is a kind offer, thanks Paul.

MP. (No connection since hiring from Claymore in 1985)

I guess anyone who wants to take it up will contact by PM.

Six people (including me) gave the post a greenie, and let me say here it is a kind offer, thanks Paul.

MP. (No connection since hiring from Claymore in 1985)

Ah yes - I hadn't noticed the rapidly rising greenie count! I've never got into using them despite my few years of CWDF experience!

Richard

up to 10 now! and yes thanks should go to all / anyone that helps out in a disaster, thus that turn a blind eye are not worth spending time or money on/with

I really can't see this breach being repaired quickly and with the weaver in flood as well it doesn't bode well for anyone stuck wrong side of it or worse still being stuck in the affected area.

Thanks for your kind words guys. When things like this happen we all have to stick together. I must say I've had some really kind offers of assistance from other hire boat and canal based businesses and so once I've finalised what we do going forward I'll publicly thank those people here.

PS. Thanks for the greenies. Giving someone a greenie mean't a totally different thing when I was a kid! :)

• Greenie 1

Thanks for your kind words guys. When things like this happen we all have to stick together. I must say I've had some really kind offers of assistance from other hire boat and canal based businesses and so once I've finalised what we do going forward I'll publicly thank those people here.

PS. Thanks for the greenies. Giving someone a greenie mean't a totally different thing when I was a kid! :)

Have a greenie for that comment!

If you are stuck North of the Preston Brook Tunnel, cannot get back South and need to leave your boat somewhere safe, you are more than welcome to leave it at our base at Claymoore.

We just want to put on record how grateful we are to Claymoore Boats for all their help over the last week. We turned up at their base early last Wednesday morning just as the news of how bad the T&M breach was, was starting to filter through. Despite trying to sort their boats out on the cut they made us feel so welcome and without hesitation offered a mooring for our boat, so we could get home for a hospital appointment.

Thank you Claymoore Boats.

Marian and Barry

We just want to put on record how grateful we are to Claymoore Boats for all their help over the last week. We turned up at their base early last Wednesday morning just as the news of how bad the T&M breach was, was starting to filter through. Despite trying to sort their boats out on the cut they made us feel so welcome and without hesitation offered a mooring for our boat, so we could get home for a hospital appointment.

Thank you Claymoore Boats.

Marian and Barry

You are very welcome.

• Greenie 1

45 greenies now! If I recall correctly that's only 5 away from getting the gold star we've only seen awarded once.

Well deserved - it's great to see a genuine offer of help when it would have been so easy to profiteer. Well done that man :cheers: