isuzu 42

colin loach

Featured Posts

I don't know about the 42, but my Isuzu 55 idles at about 600rpm.

You could give HMI a call.

http://www.hmiengines.co.uk/Default.aspx?PageIndex=10025

If it were me I'd get it running nicely and then slow down the idle speed until it starts to get rough and then increase the revs a fraction until it's ok again.

Edited by blackrose

Hi All, dose anyone know what the idle speed on the rev metre should be on my isuzu 42 engine. At the moment it runs at about 500 but the engine shakes when it slows down but when the tick over is sped up to 700 everything is ok .thanks colin.

Your tick over speed is too low at 500 raise it to 700rpm.

My Isuzu 42 idles nicely at 600rpm.

When yours shakes and rattles is that when it idles in gear - or in neutral? Mine rattles on idle when the drive is engaged but I don't travel far on idle in gear :unsure:

It on;ly rattles when i slow down from a 1000 revs to 500 revs to pass boats and only for a split second still in gear, its more of a shake than a rattle

I don't know about the 42, but my Isuzu 55 idles at about 600rpm.

You could give HMI a call.

http://www.hmiengines.co.uk/Default.aspx?PageIndex=10025

If it were me I'd get it running nicely and then slow down the idle speed until it starts to get rough and then increase the revs a fraction until it's ok again.

I think your wright it may be better to adjust by ear in case the rev meter is incorrect.Thanks Colin