Car Sharing

Flocal

Featured Posts

Car sharing is usually where two drivers do the school run alternately. Car Clubs usually own and insure a number of cars which can be driven by any member. Yes I can see a use for car clubs, especially when there is van available. BUT for boaters a car club of lift sharing scheme, rather ties you to a fixed locale.

I want to cruise far and beyond the Kennet and Avon but fuel costs restrict me massively.

If i could find a car share within certain areas i would be able to go further on the kENNET AND aVON TO READING, up on the Oxford, Grand Union.

The sites i have looked at are mainly commuters who share the cost of fuel..

I have made arrangements with someone in Bradford on Avon but not East yet.

I want to cruise far and beyond the Kennet and Avon but fuel costs restrict me massively.

If i could find a car share within certain areas i would be able to go further on the kENNET AND aVON TO READING, up on the Oxford, Grand Union.

Do you have a car, and are looking for others to share your journey/fuel

Or are you carless, and wish to share others, contributing fuel costs?

If you are gong to ask a question, try to ask it in a way that others have some idea what the heck you are on about!

• Greenie 1

Well, the need to stay in one location, and the mention of the K&A did not take long....

I propose that mentioning the K&A canal in any discussion, about location, not actually refering to the K&A canal, is deemed similar to Godwins Law.

In fact, the K&A has a bonafide link to Hitler, as it was a major defence line in case the Germans had managed to invade.....

Well, the need to stay in one location, and the mention of the K&A did not take long....

I propose that mentioning the K&A canal in any discussion, about location, not actually refering to the K&A canal, is deemed similar to Godwins Law.

In fact, the K&A has a bonafide link to Hitler, as it was a major defence line in case the Germans had managed to invade.....

But at lest we could have rested easy in that if Herr Hilter had ever got as far as the K&A, he would never managed to move his troops down it . . . . . . . . . unless they waded between the boats

(Coat)

• Greenie 1

But at lest we could have rested easy in that if Herr Hilter had ever got as far as the K&A, he would never managed to move his troops down it . . . . . . . . . unless they waded between the boats

(Coat)

There is a little know Fûhrer directive, that explictly forbid General Gudrian from taking the Western route upcountry after the invasion. The lack of movement of the K&A is nothing new...

Surely it doesn't matter about the car, because if you're planning to cruise a canal, you'd do it in a boat?

We cruise the canals extensively but we still need to keep a car with us.

You can't get everywhere by boat!

Back on topic - Try Zipcar, you have to pay a membership fee and can then access a car locally by pre-booking it. Otherwise, liftshare.com is pretty good for finding people doing the same journey as you. a lot of new residential developments have car share schemes, but they're generally in a fixed place not over a wide area.

If it didn't matter the forum wouldn't have different sections for different topics, would it.

If you only ever use "View New Content" then the different sections are meaningless.

I see all new posts and never look in any "sections".

Back on topic though.

Cost of my car - £210; cost of insurance - £98 per year; tax - £135 per year; mot - £35; mpg - average 65.

so for an initial outlay of £210 and an annual cost of £268 plus petrol I get use of a car all year, round the clock and it isn't worth worrying about if some scrote decides to steal or trash it.

I imagine a car club wouldn't be thrilled about some of the places ccers stash their cars, either.