Rangemaster Classic 90

allan tryfan

Featured Posts

Hello, does any one know if it is possible to convert a Rangemaster Classic from natural gas to LPG? I am planning on installing one on my self fit out if they can be converted, I've had a couple of conflicting reports so far, so any help would be as always hugely appreciated (-;

Kind Regards

Allan

Hello, does any one know if it is possible to convert a Rangemaster Classic from natural gas to LPG? I am planning on installing one on my self fit out if they can be converted, I've had a couple of conflicting reports so far, so any help would be as always hugely appreciated (-;

Kind Regards

Allan

AGA Rangemaster ought to know, and could provide an instruction book if required. They are based in Leamington Spa.

We have a Rangemaster Classic. We live in a village in Northumberland with no gas main supply.

The burners on our Rangemaster were changed to burn LPG when we had it fitted.

Common occurrence up here in the wilds. Pretty sure all Rangemasters are convertible - just order the conversion kit when you buy the cooker.

We have a Rangemaster classic 90 on our boat. In order to comply with the boat safety scheme, it must have flame failure devices fitted on all of the gas burners. After we purchased the cooker, despite being advised by AGA/Rangemaster the FFD's were fitted, there was only 2 fitted - 1 in the oven and 1 in the grill. We found AGA/Rangemaster very un-helpful when we asked them for assistance with this - even so far as to threaten the large retailer that we purchased the cooker from with the sale of goods act and in the end my partner who is a gas engineer managed to get them fitted with the help of a local gas engineer company with AGA/Rangemaster's and the shop's approval.

I should of added that it was quite simple to retro fit the FFD's. :-)

when we bought a rangemaster 90 a few years ago, for home it came complete with a spare set of LPG jets as a lot of them end up in farm houses on propane ( I suppose)

as it was for domestic use we don't have flame failure fitted so can't help with that issue.