Jam 'Ole run

jake_crew

Featured Posts

Have just spoke to Tim Coghlan & he tells me only three boats

Corona, Nuttfield & one other boat with himself bringing up the rear.

He is planning to tie up on tue 16th for the night @ Cowley.

in his words just a pleasant queit run without upsetting anyone.

Sorry forgot to mention app Atherstone is not on

this time around.

Then they are going for a holiday down the GU for half term as anyone is entitled too but is is not a Jam 'Ole Run then?

Then they are going for a holiday down the GU for half term as anyone is entitled too but is is not a Jam 'Ole Run then?

I don't know when your half terms happen, but unless they take it very slowly, they should be back at Braunstona week or so before ours down here begin! :rolleyes:

Now if Mr Coghlan were going to try and survive a week with just a back cabin and a bog in the engine room, that might be a spectator sport to turn out for, even if not really "Jam 'Ole".......

I don't know when your half terms happen, but unless they take it very slowly, they should be back at Braunstona week or so before ours down here begin! :rolleyes:

Now if Mr Coghlan were going to try and survive a week with just a back cabin and a bog in the engine room, that might be a spectator sport to turn out for, even if not really "Jam 'Ole".......

Bog in the engine 'ole?! Luxury! We used to dream of a bog in the engine 'ole.

• Greenie 2

13 - 20 October: Nutfield will lead the Jam 'Ole Run - Braunston to Southall and back

It is anticipated that three boats will join Nutfield on the run.

Captain will be Nick Scarcliffe, and crew will be Duncan Oxley - any support in the form of day-by-day lock-wheelers will be very welcome. If you're able to get out and help, for an hour or a day, or at a specific location, call Nick to check where the boats are - his number is 07900-490403. Best call during the evenings, once they've stopped going - remember it is going to be fairly intensive boating, and Nick might not be able to get to the phone during the day! The expected schedule will be:

Saturday 13th: Depart Braunston 8am, to Cosgrove.

Sunday 14th: Depart 7am, to Marsworth (bottom)

Monday 15th: Depart 7am, to Hunton Bridge

Tuesday 16th: Depart 7am, to Southall.

Wednesday 17th: Depart 7am, to Hunton Bridge

Thursday 18th: Depart 7am, to Marsworth

Friday 19th: Depart 7am, to Linslade - Nutfield will be stopping there for Wyvern to put two more coats of varnish over the new paintwork for us. The other boats will go on to Cosgrove.

Saturday 20th: Other boats depart 7am, to return to Braunston. I'm sure that any help offered after Nutfield has stopped will be much appreciated!

Nutfield and Corona reported elsewhere as now on their way South. Not absolutely sure when, put possibly at Weedon an hour or so back, it seemed ?

I am sure there were only 3 boats left Braunston, Nutfield, Corona and a hire boat. I dont know of any others joining on route. I know we are not really into the cold weather yet but I was surprised to find that they have no stove in the back cabin on Nutfield, there was already a queue forming to share Trevors on Corona. They breed these boaters tough round here, or is that mad.

If that is the planned times and routes it has no place using the the title 'jam 'ole run'. Autumn boat trip from Braunston to the Jam 'ole maybe more appropriate! I have nothing against them going boating but given the history of the previous re-enactments this isn't one so shouldn't be passed off with the same title surely?! Was quite pissed off when I thought about it this morning when I looked out my window and saw the boat tied up thinking there could be some decent boating to be done but now I look out and it is raining I am not so concerned lol!

Gave Nutfield and Corona a hand going down Stoke flight. Apparently TC was lost somewhere. Would post pics if I knew how!

Maybe not a 'proper' Jam Ole Run, but it got me out in the fresh air, and I always enjoy seeing old boats on the move. Didn't realise Nutfield did not have a stove - they do have a very smart chimney though!

Gave Nutfield and Corona a hand going down Stoke flight. Apparently TC was lost somewhere. Would post pics if I knew how!

Maybe not a 'proper' Jam Ole Run, but it got me out in the fresh air, and I always enjoy seeing old boats on the move. Didn't realise Nutfield did not have a stove - they do have a very smart chimney though!

Agree, its all well and good, just saying the original thread left us to believe otherwise!

Alan didn't you fancy the run? would of been nice to see sickle down this way .

Darren

Not really an appropriate boat, though is it !

I know we are not really into the cold weather yet but I was surprised to find that they have no stove in the back cabin on Nutfield, there was already a queue forming to share Trevors on Corona. They breed these boaters tough round here, or is that mad.

I think Trevor has the kind of slightly "non traditional" arrangement my brother used to have ?

That is gas hop and something like a Torgem stove squeezed in, rather than a range.

I see Tim Coghlan, (with a hire boat?), is being recorded elsewhere as not bothering to slow down past moored boats. :banghead: :banghead:

I think Trevor has the kind of slightly "non traditional" arrangement my brother used to have ?

That is gas hop and something like a Torgem stove squeezed in, rather than a range.

I always thought that would be a very practical arrangement. A small Refleks diesel stove and small gas cooker.

Not really an appropriate boat, though is it !

I see Tim Coghlan, (with a hire boat?), is being recorded elsewhere as not bothering to slow down past moored boats. :banghead: :banghead:

Oh dear what happened to the plesant quiet run without upsetting anyone !!!!

Was quite pissed off when I thought about it this morning when I looked out my window and saw the boat tied up thinking there could be some decent boating to be done but now I look out and it is raining I am not so concerned lol!

I always had plans to convert a Classic to drip feed off the top tank but never got round to it yet.

Dear Mr Fair Weather boater :cheers: ... yeah I wondered if something like that could be done. Be very convenient, I loved my bubble stove, light and forget!

Edited by mykaskin