SKY Satellite dish

Ex- Member

Featured Posts

Hi spuds

As Martin says 240 volt only, we're currently on dry land, but will be running an inverter when on the water anyway.

I also meant to mention we only subscribe to the HD package but that still costs £35 per month total with SKY's minimum £25 subscription fee.

I thought as much, as I said, dumb question. Never mind, dumb or not, still worth the ask.

Thanks.

I thought as much, as I said, dumb question. Never mind, dumb or not, still worth the ask.

Thanks.

Not really a dumb question.

Sky used to make a 12V unit - called the Javelin? Jaguar? or some such - designed for caravan use.

BUT it didn't record and supplies ceased some years ago.

Edited by OldGoat

If you look at the logo on that PDF - you can see where the confusion possibly originates -

I've been on to Kogun, their 12v range of TV's won't allow you to enable the remote control supplied by SKY to operate the volume control. Some Kogan TV's have updates, you can use an update download on to the tv to enable it via a remote controller code. Not the 12v range though annoyingly.

I've been on to Kogun, their 12v range of TV's won't allow you to enable the remote control supplied by SKY to operate the volume control. Some Kogan TV's have updates, you can use an update download on to the tv to enable it via a remote controller code. Not the 12v range though annoyingly.

There is a way of programming the Sky remote to work with any TV, You keep pressing the required buttons continuously till the TV turns off then that is the code, I cant however remember where the instructions are.

They may be on the Help screen of the Sky box or may even be on line, Ill have a look

Found this on line which is what I did when my make wasnt listed.

The only thing I had to do was choose a make of TV then follow the instructions, Its a bit time consuming and repetative and you may need to choose several different makes before finally finding the right one but it did get there eventually.

To program using the 4 digit code

1) Switch on the TV set

2) Press the TV button on the Sky Remote

3) Hold down the select and red buttons for 2-3 seconds until the LED blinks twice

4) Press the TV button on the Sky Remote again

5) Enter the 4 digit code for your make of TV

6) The LED should blink twice, if not recheck the 4 digit code used and go back to 1

7) Press the standby button on the Sky Remote (The TV should go to standby)

8) Press select to store this setting

If the TV does not go into standby press the TV button then the standby button, then TV then standby, keep repeating this until successful. This will scan the codes used for a particular make of TV.

The bottom bit is the important bit to keep pressing TV then Standy to scroll through all the codes

Hi. I have had sky for 5 years on my boat. first i was told by sky that it was not possible because i did not have a land line, but i put forward the point that not everyone had a land line. After a few calls they told me i would have to pay £25 connection charge which i did, no problems. Last year i upgraded to Sky+ which they would send an engineer to fit, as i had wired up the twin leads to the lmb all he did was fit the new lmb and tune it in. Again no problems. When i go out on the boat it takes me no longer than 5 minutes to tune it in.

Not really a dumb question.

Sky used to make a 12V unit - called the Javelin? Jaguar? or some such - designed for caravan use.

BUT it didn't record and supplies ceased some years ago.

You can occasionally pick up the 12v sky box - (i think it is Javelin) on ebay. We use one and it works fine.