Olympic Sailing - Irish Commentary

David Schweizer

Featured Posts

Brilliant, but please tell me its not for real!

No it's not for real just a spoof. Funny though.

I don't think even the layed back Irish would permit frequent use of the F word in TV commentary, but then what do I know?

The Irish are laid back in many ways but not when it comes to religion or public access TV. Their broadcast rules are more strict than ours.

Edited by churchward

The Irish are laid back in many ways but not when it comes to religion or public access TV. Their broadcast rules are more strict than ours.

I'm sure you are right, but how then did the excellent "Mrs Brown's Boys" get made?

David

I'm sure you are right, but how then did the excellent "Mrs Brown's Boys" get made?

David

As others have pointed out it is made in the UK although I think it has been shown in one form or another in Ireland I believe as my friends over there have spoken about it.

However, it is an entirely different matter to broadcast a recorded show at an approprate time of day to a live commentary of a sporting event broadcast potentially primetime when younger / impressionable viewers may be watching.

On UK TV you will notice as well that any incidental swearing on a live broadcast is quickly followed by an appology by the presenter no matter where it came from.

Makes the BBC commentary on Mrs. Windsor's Jubilee Thames Pageant look sensible. :glare:

Mrs Windsor?!!! Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg Gotha if you please! Windsor was hastily introduced to save embarrassment during an unfortunate war with Germany!

Mrs Windsor?!!! Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg Gotha if you please! Windsor was hastily introduced to save embarrassment during an unfortunate war with Germany!

Or even Mrs Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, though hubby changed names to Mountbatten at the end of the war.

Edited by Tam & Di

Or even Mrs Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, though hubby changed names to Mountbatten at the end of the war.

Excuse me.

Edited by David Schweizer