DC welder

stagedamager

Featured Posts

Northants welding supplies in wellingborough are doing a thermal arc set, 175a with hf tig capability, complete with tig harness etc for 400 + vat, its a very good set that I use for jobbing work. Google will give you the number, no website but a phone call to Gerald or Gary will most likely sort you out with a decent set.

I have a Thermal Arc 175se, they only cost £215, the build quality is way above anything else in that price range and it's not just a standard Chinese junk product re badged. I haven't seen a better one yet for that price. It has scratch start TIG.

Inverters in the low price range don't last long so it's better to pay for a warranty from a good brand that will honour it, rather than save a few quid and get a Chinese no name Ebay special that the UK distributor turns out to be a shed in a back garden.

has anyone any experience with these, either the unit or the company?

LINKY

Dan

It's re badged Chinese cheap junk, look at the pathetic toy face shield they throw in, and the manual in the picture is in that particular Chinese font, you only get those on really cheap and nasty product. The advertising makes it sound too good to be true, it is. When they say it's manufactured by Plasmapart, it means they stick the sticker on the side.

I have looked at the thermal arc, and it is on my list but it does have low duty cycle rates, has this caused you problems?

If your building an aircraft carrier yes, if you want industrial production welding rates you would use a 3 phase MIG. Are you going to spend more time welding than prepping on small jobs ? I don't think so. There's also the fact that the specs on cheap Chinese welders is lets say " optimistic ", i'd be more inclined to trust Thermadyne, ESAB, ect.

Would be very interested in the outcome, but for what (if anything) its worth, when looking for a MIG and debating the options I came down to a toss up between the Portamig (heavily supported by the mig welding forum) and the ESAB CaddyMig *(also purchased via weld equip), the latter of which I find to forfil my requirments very nicely indeed.

Daniel

Try asking on the forum at www.mig-welding.co.uk

i am a welder have welded for 15 years at a foundry.will be looking for work in some of the boat yards. go with the mig welder its so easy to use.stick welding is very good dont get me wrong and if i had to choose it would be stick.as im good at it .ps look on ebay

Edited by moam1