Stillwater Narrowboats

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Ok - thanks for the clarification.

Apologies for the misunderstanding.

No problem.

It is of course most likely Richard has no assets that can be confiscated so we won't get anything anyway. We are not holding out much hope. That money has gone and the chap responsible has got a suspended prison sentance. The judge did tell him off somewhat!

1 hour ago, Alway Swilby said:

That money has gone and the chap responsible has got a suspended prison sentance. The judge did tell him off somewhat!

I know that a suspended prison sentence sounds a bit soft, but at least he doesn't also now see the taxpayer off for £100k plus per annum for his incarceration. 

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I know that a suspended prison sentence sounds a bit soft, but at least he doesn't also now see the taxpayer off for £100k plus per annum for his incarceration. 

To be honest I feel that way too.

What has been really really annoying is the length of time the justice system has taken to get here. We (and others) reported this to the Action Fraud web site back in January 2015 and it's taken till now, over four years later for the case to come to court.

I once took a job with a one man and his dog company  with an overdraft which was £250K. 

The assets were about £10K on a good day.

The bank manager sent someone round, and he allowed an insurance policy to be paid without saying anything, we had three old computers valued at £30K, but worth b####rall.

I did a bit of housekeeping, saved about £2K pcm on stock, so he took more useless staff on!

There were three nice cars stood in  the hanger, all on lease. 

I could have done all the real work in about two days. We serviced and sold aircraft tyre gauges. Everything was bought in, then assembled [we are talking a gauge from one company and pipes with valves from another..

5 hours ago, Alway Swilby said:

To be honest I feel that way too.

What has been really really annoying is the length of time the justice system has taken to get here. We (and others) reported this to the Action Fraud web site back in January 2015 and it's taken till now, over four years later for the case to come to court.

Which must be really frustrating and serves to undermine faith in the justice system whilst racking up costs. Qui bono, as the lawyers might say?