Fradley Junction

Oliver

Featured Posts

My experience also. Vowed not to return. Couple of days later had a most wonderful evening at the Indian restaurant (ex-pub) opposite the site of Willington Power Station. Food and service was superb and just happened to mention that we rather liked the Indian music being played. 5 minutes later the waiter brought me a copy of the CD. Doesn't get much better than that

That'll be Nadee superb Curry to boot as well.

Well I've not found that to be the case, and my dog is so well-behaved that it's quite disconcerting to others, but I still wouldn't presume to take her with me when eating out.

Can't see the problem if you are eating in a bar where dogs are allowed. Wouldn't take one into a dining area though.

Dog House - Thanks for the info. We're hoping for good weather which will increase our options for eating out.

I don't expect to take him into a restaurant - I was seeking suggestions for places (be it a bar or a cafe with a garden or something similar) which would allow dogs. If the dog can't go, neither can I as health problems mean he can't be left alone.

I hate to see slavering and bad behaviour when i'm eating out.

The dogs are fine. Its some of the humans that need left behind lol

oops. I mucked up the quote sorry

Edited by wannabe
  • Greenie 2

If we're past Fradley Junction and heading towards Barton Turns, are there any places to get a good Sunday lunch where we could take a small dog?

(So cross with myself for forgetting to bring map books back from boat - makes planning a trip a lot more difficult)

Thanks

We eat at the waterfront at Barton marina a couple of Saturdays ago. Very nice food and a good ish range of beers. Was nearer Resturant price but was also better than alot of pub grub. They do a Sunday roast and have plenty of outside seating.

Edited by Suzie_q

Re pubs further up from Fradley: The crown at Alrewas is also good, i know the pub at Barton turns lock lets dogs in and does food, but i have never eaten there, the beer was good and friendly! or further up there is the bridge at branston, thats quite posh tho i doubt they would let dogs in, but they do have a beer garden, i think they mainly offer italian though!

I just want to say :cheers: to all the local folk at Fradley Junction and the Mucky Duck for making me feel like part of a family.

Love you all.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thats exactly why i consider it the best pub on the system, had many a great night there :cheers:

Tim

Hi,

The Swan, or Mucky Duck as it's known locally and by boaters, has a great atmosphere and serves well kept beer but we've not done too well on the food front there - okay, but no more than that.

However, the food at the Kingfisher Cafe, next door, has been excellent and great value whenever we've tried it.

Enjoy!

Totally agree, tried the swan this week and food was passable but nothing special, didn't try the beer as working. Kingfisher breakfast set us up well for day ahead.

Often staying at Fradley Premier Inn and have to say food next door is dire, very poor menu and have to look which they can do least harm to !!!

• 3 weeks later...