Gloucester & Sharpness Canal

DustyDave

Featured Posts

I'll be down on the Gloucester and Sharpness canal next week. Apart from Gloucester Docks and the cafe at Saul Junction where else is there to eat? I'm after places which are very close to the canal as the kids can't walk very far.

Cheers,

Dave

We were in the 3 Horse shoes in Frampton last week .The owners are very friendly and the food looked great.Walkable from Splat bridge or the bridge at Saul. In Frampton there is also the Bell, but I would prefer the 3 Horse shoes.

The Tudor Arms. at Patch bridge, (Slimbridge). Wildfowl and Wetland Trust nearby.

Black Shed (cafe + basics shop) opposite pub but I only mention it.

Sainsburys just south of High Orchard bridge has a cafe.

Is the Berkeley Arms still open at Purton?

When I lived that way The Berkeley Hunt was a regular drinkinghole. "Aunty" Kath used to keep a wonderful pint of 6X!! And if she knew you her Ploughman's Lunch with home made Double Gloucester was epic!!

There''s also the Pilot at Sellar's bridge. It has changed hands a fair bit; I've had good and bad food there, but haven't been lately.

A bit of a walk from Saul is the Ship at Framilode, very good, new owner.

Stables at Saul is our favourite, now licenced!

Is the Berkeley Arms still open at Purton?

When I lived that way The Berkeley Hunt was a regular drinkinghole. "Aunty" Kath used to keep a wonderful pint of 6X!! And if she knew you her Ploughman's Lunch with home made Double Gloucester was epic!!

It was there a year ago... Brilliant place!