Checking serial number for data

Joshua

Featured Posts

Can someone please point me to a web resource where I might get some historical information about my particular 2LW?

I was thinking there may be a register that I can check my serial number against?

Just its age would be nice.

Cheers,

Joshua

The Anson engine museeum should be able to date it from the engine number Link Somewhere on their site is a form for this purpose, (cant find it at the moment)

If there is a number stamped on the crankcase (not the engine number which is on the top face at the front end )it will possibly be on the starter motor casting, or on the front face of the crankcase it will be the date reversed that the crankase was tested, despatch date will be about 6 months later.

Steve

Edited by Split Pin

The Anson engine museeum should be able to date it from the engine number Link Somewhere on their site is a form for this purpose, (cant find it at the moment)

If there is a number stamped on the crankcase (not the engine number which is on the top face at the front end )it will possibly be on the starter motor casting, or on the front face of the crankcase it will be the date reversed that the crankase was tested, despatch date will be about 6 months later.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I have tried the link.

On the ‘engine manufacturer history’ page ( as far as I can see) they list every engine except Gardner!

I appreciate your effort though.

An obvious number on the crank case of my engine is ‘LW 6A E4933 P908 (not sure about the last 9, the casting is too crude).

The limited paper work supplied when I bought the boat suggests the engine was new in 1998/1999.

Cheers,

Joshua