2 cruise timelapse videos

roggie

Featured Posts

Originally posted to general - better forum is this.

See links to 2 timelapse videos I made of our recent trips down the Aylesbury Arm (last week) and taking part in last Sundays St Pancras Crusing Club return Barking Creek cruise onboard Indigo Dream. Both are about 95% as batteries ran out and being at the front of the boat difficult to monitor!

More photos of this cruise here. Shots from digital camera and smartphone.

I also filmed (well one photo every 5 seconds) the rest of our trip from Marsworth back to Iver), will upload to YouTube later

Roger

• Greenie 1

great ,nice to watch, on the Thames was that police boat hasseling people

Just giving out speeding tickets to those narrowboat speed merchants. And the tickets have changed colour, I am sure that they used to be yellow, now they are off-grey.

Just giving out speeding tickets to those narrowboat speed merchants. And the tickets have changed colour, I am sure that they used to be yellow, now they are off-grey.

What honestly,or am I missing the joke..

The police went to each of the 7 boats for details of the boat license, owners details etc. This was the 2nd police boat that came alongside checking license (river ones not canals) as I think you needed permission to use that stretch of the river in these high security times. As usual SPCC had covered everything down to the minutest detail. The policeman then had to hand each boat a slip of paper which I think was to acknowledge that details had been give - sort of stop and search without stopping and searching. For one moment I thought they were going to board us. We were the last in the flotilla so first to be quizzed.

Loads of other videos and photos here some show that it was not all smooth sailing! lots of trip boats around but the Tate to Tate catamaran wash isn't as bad as you think it might be... The sheer size of the river means that nb's in photos look so small - especially down near Barking where the river is pretty wide. It was interesting hanging around outside Limehouse lock (it only takes 4 nb's) and entry wasn't that easy due to tide flow etc. I am sure the nearby walls have a few chunks missing - no wonder people prefer to come out of Limehouse rather than enter there - Brentford Lock by comparison was easy.

What honestly,or am I missing the joke..

Sports day is going on and we were about to go past HMS Ocean. I did not feel hassled, they saw Roggie driving and thought he looks suspicious, I just thought it was sensible, prudent policing and proportionate, they knew who we were so did not feel the need to get the gloves out for a more detailed inspection. I was surprised that they were not that interested in my PLA permit - as I understood the system they only need the unique number to look us up?

It was interesting hanging around outside Limehouse lock (it only takes 4 nb's) and entry wasn't that easy due to tide flow etc. I am sure the nearby walls have a few chunks missing - no wonder people prefer to come out of Limehouse rather than enter there - Brentford Lock by comparison was easy.

We have gone into Limehouse 6 or 7 times so far this year, Sunday was about as hard an entry as you ever get, the worse so far this year, the tide had quite nice kick to it, nasty eddie was on form and I drove in as the wash from that City Cruiser trip boat was hitting us. Their wash was pushing us towards the wall, I prefer to start my turn a bit wider out (say 70') as then it is not that sharp. That is the second time I have driven into the lock when wash is hitting us, next time I think I think I will wait for 2 minutes but hey we stayed in the middle of the channel, we did not menace any walls, the boat was not worried and you guys at the front gave good directions and effortlessly got a rope through the riser cable. Normally it is smoother going in.

Yes going out is easier but don't be put off going into Limehouse, just stay alert and don't be worried to give it some wellie.

• 4 weeks later...

Originally posted to general - better forum is this.

See links to 2 timelapse videos I made of our recent trips down the Aylesbury Arm (last week) and taking part in last Sundays St Pancras Crusing Club return Barking Creek cruise onboard Indigo Dream. Both are about 95% as batteries ran out and being at the front of the boat difficult to monitor!

More photos of this cruise here. Shots from digital camera and smartphone.

I also filmed (well one photo every 5 seconds) the rest of our trip from Marsworth back to Iver), will upload to YouTube later

Roger

:) just have to say how much I enjioyed those videos, how do you make them go a bit slower ? as I felt a bit like osain bolt >>>>>>>>>>>> :)