Electrickey question again!

Featured Posts

Hi every one, some more advice please.I think it would be ok, but better check first. Can i connect my 24 volt dc control pannel directely to the + - terminals on the Sterling Pro Combi,or should I connect directly off the battery bank ? after all the 2 95mm cables from the Inverter go to the battery bank. Thank you for any advice. Micky.

Hi every one, some more advice please.I think it would be ok, but better check first. Can i connect my 24 volt dc control pannel directely to the + - terminals on the Sterling Pro Combi,or should I connect directly off the battery bank ? after all the 2 95mm cables from the Inverter go to the battery bank. Thank you for any advice. Micky.

You would have to make sure that the wiring to the panel was suitably protected by a fuse - a fuse for 95mm cable / Combi will be quite big and probably too big for the wiring to the panel. The other thing to consider is that if it is a large inverter, you will drop some voltage in the wiring (depending on its length) when the inverter is working hard, so you might for example notice the lights dimming more with heavy inverter use than they would have done if connected direct to the batteries.

Hi Micky

My advice would be to connect directly to the batteries through a suitable fuse arrangement.

cheers.gif

A