Shoreline RR150 Fridge Issue

Chrisy

Featured Posts

Hi All,

I have an RR150 Shoreline 12v Fridge about 7 years old. About 6 months ago the ice box stopped keeping anything frozen and is building up ice on the side of the door opening (so i'm thinking door seal) unfortunatly as of a couple of days ago the fridge section is no longer keeping cool at 2/3 and I have had to turn it to 4 and it still seems it should be cooler.

Any thoughts?

Just had to buy a new Shoreline as I had the same problems and it was not cheap!!. I was reliably informed that 5 years life for a fridge in a narrowboat was probably the best one could hope for. Mine for instance fits into a slot and the airflow around the fridge is not probably the best in the world causing the compressor to overwork and shorten it's life....

Problem is I cannot do without a fridge - I hate warm beer!!!!!

Just had to buy a new Shoreline as I had the same problems and it was not cheap!!. I was reliably informed that 5 years life for a fridge in a narrowboat was probably the best one could hope for. Mine for instance fits into a slot and the airflow around the fridge is not probably the best in the world causing the compressor to overwork and shorten it's life....

Problem is I cannot do without a fridge - I hate warm beer!!!!!

From some of the installations I have see I would think that is a common problem.

I hate warm beer!!!!!

...and there lies the problem? :lol:

Even though Earnest's first Shoreline fridge had good cooling (holes in the floor, vent near top of surround, motor cooling fan) it was knackered by over enthusiastic beer drinking crew stuffing the remaining space in the fridge with beer. Often I found this had jammed the door open. With the new Shoreline I modified it with a peg to keep the door shut. This consisted of a galvanised steel thingy I found, that fitted through a drilled hole in the top surround, which lines up with the spare hinge pin hole in the non-hinged side of the door.

MA's new Shoreline fridge + freezer has a self closing spring on both doors. I have also found that this fridge has not got the annoying "splashing" sound that the present fridge on Earnest exhibits, when cooling.

• Greenie 1