LPG jets

fudd

Featured Posts

As Captain Manwaring would say to Pike, "Stupid boy" :(

Your not the first and will not be the last that has done something similar.

I agree with Ivor, the manufacturer would be the fist port of call.

Good luck.

Yeah I know. Stupids not the word. I've already emailed the shop where I bought it so I may get a reply tomorrow. I also have, not far from me , a big LPG and camping gas outlet. That's why I thought I'd ask for the jet sizes. They should be on some sort of conversion chart, I would have thought. Thanks anyway. Steve P

Yeah I know. Stupids not the word. I've already emailed the shop where I bought it so I may get a reply tomorrow. I also have, not far from me , a big LPG and camping gas outlet. That's why I thought I'd ask for the jet sizes. They should be on some sort of conversion chart, I would have thought. Thanks anyway. Steve P

sorry my friend can't help with that Q.

Does it not say in the instruction book which jet goes in which position. I have quite a few LPG jets that I've kept from natural gas hobs, when I've fitted them. If i've got the right sizes, you're welcome to them.

Mike

Does it not say in the instruction book which jet goes in which position. I have quite a few LPG jets that I've kept from natural gas hobs, when I've fitted them. If i've got the right sizes, you're welcome to them.

Mike

Hmmmmm. Maybe the instructions are with the jets!!!! Doh.

Haha. I've (she) found the instructions. It gives jet sizes of -

2@ no 70

2@ no 87

1@ no 35 &

1@ no 50

Here's hopefully.

Edited by fudd

Haha. I've (she) found the instructions. It gives jet sizes of -

2@ no 70

2@ no 87

1@ no 35 &

1@ no 50

Here's hopeful

By the way. I always thought an instruction manual for a hob was a cook book!?

[/quote

I have 1x no 87 , 1x no 70, 1x no 50, 1 x no 67,and a couple of no 85. If you can't get any others they'll be close enough. Can't help with no 35 though. PM me if you need them

Mike

Hello all. I've fitted a new hob on the boat and threw away the LPG jets. Does anyone have the jet size for it. It's an SGH700E ST. Thanks in antisipa......... Steve P

Hi

I would have thought that if you can find out the correct hole size you could drill them out yourself, although I am assuming LPG jets are a bigger bore.

Alex

Hi

I would have thought that if you can find out the correct hole size you could drill them out yourself, although I am assuming LPG jets are a bigger bore.

Alex

No they are much smaller

bummer!! but it made me laugh (sort of thing I would do) I would contact the manufacturer I am sure they would send a set possably free of charge. Sorry I cant help more and good luck.. Ivor..

Free of charge! My other half phoned them up and they want £40. Most manufacturers send them with the hob. Not this mob. Seems I didn't throw them away after all.

Edited by fudd

Free of charge! My other half phoned them up and they want £40. Most manufacturers send them with the hob. Not this mob. Seems I didn't throw them away after all.

i have 1 x 70, 1 x 80 and 1 x 52 you can have f.o.c. if required.

Terms such as "not fit for purpose" come to mind. Id say things like "trading standards" and "small claims" and see whether the jets are forthcoming.

Thanks for your help all of you. We have paid for the jets and they will be with us in a couple of days. Needless to say I won't be buying anything else from them any time soon.

Steve P

Yello,

I hope your parcel of jets cures your problem.

Just as an aside .... is the only difference between a normal domestic gas cooker and an LPG version or the same cooker, the gas jets ?

My son has a mint version (free to me) of the very same LPG gas cooker I'm using on the barge.

Cheers Malc. B)

yes the jets are the only difference although some are not suitable for conversion to the different gases. a few need the airation tube/s adjusting when changed

what you are looking for is a nice crisp blue flame with minimal orange tips

Tip: when you fit the injectors turn them a couple of times backwards so that the thread engages nicely before tightening down this helps avoid cross threading (i always use a bit of rubber tube to start them but you may not have any) don't over tighten just turn down till it stops and then give it 1/8th of a turn to tighten sufficiently.

:smiley_offtopic:

I asked a friend if I could use her laptop for a minute. It seemed very light when I picked it up. When I asked where the battery was I received a blank look.

Friend: Battery????

Me: Black rectangular piece that would fit in this space underneath....

Friend: Is that what that was. I didn't know so I threw it out with the packaging. It's always been plugged in.

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I swear I am telling the truth... Lol

most cookers also have a minimum flame adjustment which should be checked as well, tiny screw inside the valve spindle (behind the knob), ovens as well, if you're happy with the minimum flame size and it stays lit though, no need to adjust.

edited for typo

paul

Edited by ridders