Alvecote Historic Boat Gathering

Featured Posts

Berko this coming weekend, Braunston the week after and then a sprint finish, probably arriving saturday morning.

Mark

Is Frank bringing France as well ??

Chris

edited for double posting due to crappy internet sygnal

Edited by Chris-B

We have decided to come too if there is any space left!

[/

Yes so have we with Aber. Not like us at all , newbies as far as gatherings are concerned.

We'll give those josher boys a run for their money!

Team Reginald's engine psychoanalyst has visited - Reginald/Jeniffer is in good shape

Richard

Yep I can confirm Jennifer the Gleniffer is totally fixed now. Many thanks Richard!

I took Reginald for a short trip up to the wharf at the opposite end of Braunston marina to collect a load of timber etc from the van tonight and the boat feels exactly as before. Cruising Reg in the dark draws the punters out of their moored boats for a gander in droves!

Mike

Bringing the pair? I'm up for some boating.... B)

Afraid not! Bakewell is still tillerless and may be for some time - we handed the two pieces* over to Rex Wain at Braunston. Will definitely call on you when we do decide to take it somewhere though!

* It was broken when we bought the boat. Wasn't me, honest.

Afraid not! Bakewell is still tillerless and may be for some time - we handed the two pieces* over to Rex Wain at Braunston. Will definitely call on you when we do decide to take it somewhere though!

* It was broken when we bought the boat. Wasn't me, honest.

You have PM.... :cheers:

Might be next year then!!!!!

Rex doesn't come on here so I think I might have got away with that. :)

You might...or you might not. Depends on how many beers you want to buy me really.

(Incidentally, are all the seats at Old Trafford as short of legroom as the East Stand? No wonder they can pack so many in.)

You might...or you might not. Depends on how many beers you want to buy me really.

(Incidentally, are all the seats at Old Trafford as short of legroom as the East Stand? No wonder they can pack so many in.)

Oh pants................. :cheers:

(You shouldn't have such long legs then. Get yourself in the Stretford End next time, nobody sits down there.)

Really rather excited now, particularly for the good turn out of tugs :) Unfortunately Canis may be in primer :/

Canis the other half will still be in London. I sold it after 20+ years last year. I should be at the gathering on Aber if you see me say hello.

First stage complete :captain:

ETA just to prove it did move -

RIMG0341.jpg

RIMG0345.jpg

Oh how I would love to have a borrow of Tycho, right now in Castlefield, Manchester.

Some to**er has just told us we can't moor our 50 foot boat in the 52 foot gap next to him, because the fenders may rub........

Oh, and he can't move back into any of the 40 foot space behind him, because it is on a bit of a bend.

I think something more Tycho shape would be appropriate to "rub" against him.

Not often I meet a complete w**ker on the cut, but we have one here.

Oh how I would love to have a borrow of Tycho, right now in Castlefield, Manchester.

Some to**er has just told us we can't moor our 50 foot boat in the 52 foot gap next to him, because the fenders may rub........

Oh, and he can't move back into any of the 40 foot space behind him, because it is on a bit of a bend.

I think something more Tycho shape would be appropriate to "rub" against him.

Not often I meet a complete w**ker on the cut, but we have one here.

Well I hope you have moored it there! What does he think fenders are for?