Need a Propeller (up the creek without...)

Featured Posts

I have been asked if I can help source a used prop for a canal boat that is urgently in need of a replacement. The boat is away from its mooring and they do not have internet access, hence my involvement.

The boat has just had to have a replacement (used) engine fitted. The owner thought he could use the existing prop and shaft but he now finds the prop is wrong for the engine. He did manage to find and fit a prop, but it is the wrong size (I assume he knows this through contact with Crowthers).

I have looked on the net but so far have not found anything.

The prop required is a 15x11 to fit 1.1/4"inch shaft Right Hand.

Can any one help with details of possible sources?

Any Suggestions please.

I have been asked if I can help source a used prop for a canal boat that is urgently in need of a replacement. The boat is away from its mooring and they do not have internet access, hence my involvement.

The boat has just had to have a replacement (used) engine fitted. The owner thought he could use the existing prop and shaft but he now finds the prop is wrong for the engine. He did manage to find and fit a prop, but it is the wrong size (I assume he knows this through contact with Crowthers).

I have looked on the net but so far have not found anything.

The prop required is a 15x11 to fit 1.1/4"inch shaft Right Hand.

Can any one help with details of possible sources?

Any Suggestions please.

Midland Chandlers normally have some, you may need to ring different branches.

I find the thread title rather confusing. How is he "up a creek without..." when he has a prop the boat on, just not really the right one??

Why not take the boat home with the existing prop and change it for a better one at leisure? Whatever prop is now fitted will surely make the boat go along, won't it?

Mike

Thanks Ditchcrawler. I am following the up Midland Chandlers. They do have them and I have to ring back on Monday to speak to the person who apparently sources used props.

With regards to the imput from Mike the Boilerman & Blackrose. Interesting comments, but is not my boat I am just trying to help by looking for a prop!!

But thanks anyway.