Diesel weeping HA2

Narrowboat Communicator

Featured Posts

• 1 month later...

Hello ,The classic diesel leak on th the Lister range of enclosed fuel pumps I have worked on over the years is the delivery valve holder thats the union in the top of the fuel pump, they can lead you a merry dance , they tend to leak with the changes in temperature,just make sure they are good and tight !.

• 7 years later...

Just a update on this post....I know it's been a while but I am the new owner of this boat.....reasons for diesel in the oil....piston rings knackered,barrel bores at .061,lift pump diaphragm split, injectors assembled incorrectly, fuel lines bodged,steel washers where there should be copper washers, infact so many cowboy bodges too many to list but theres just a few to get on with .....barrels have been replaced back to standard new pistons and rings a complete overall of the diesel fuel system+lift pump....oh not to mention that many cat hairs around the cooling fan and fins I could have built a tiger!!!!!....now alls good?

Edited by Lord Belvoir
  • Greenie 1

7 hours ago, Lord Belvoir said:

Just a update on this post....I know it's been a while but I am the new owner of this boat.....reasons for diesel in the oil....piston rings knackered,barrel bores at .061,lift pump diaphragm split, injectors assembled incorrectly, fuel lines bodged,steel washers where there should be copper washers, infact so many cowboy bodges too many to list but theres just a few to get on with .....barrels have been replaced back to standard new pistons and rings a complete overall of the diesel fuel system+lift pump....oh not to mention that many cat hairs around the cooling fan and fins I could have built a tiger!!!!!....now alls good?

You did well no find standard sized new bores, piston and rins. For both the HAs I have had rebuilt in recent years my restorer used oversized ones because that was all he could source at the time.

Or more accurately I could have had Indian made parts in a standard size, but wanted to avoid non English parts due to reported  problems with the former.

Good engines when in good order, and still seem to often manage to keep going when they are not!