Tree down near Bosley Locks

Bigmac

Featured Posts

We picked up a report this morning of a large tree blocking the canal near bridge 50 above Bosley Locks. This is confirmed on Waterscape. We had hoped to travel down Bosley tomorrow. Anyone in the area can confirm how the removal or otherwise is going please.

We picked up a report this morning of a large tree blocking the canal near bridge 50 above Bosley Locks. This is confirmed on Waterscape. We had hoped to travel down Bosley tomorrow. Anyone in the area can confirm how the removal or otherwise is going please.

Is she? I thought Tree was at home in Wales. :mellow:

Is she? I thought Tree was at home in Wales. :mellow:

:blink: ahem!! Master Bizzard you are indeed correct, it aint ME ;) but I will soon be venturing from South Wales to North yippeee!!! ok I will anounce a BEWARE ALERT before I set off, quickly scribes in her Handy Boating Tips book erm.... Master Bizzard is bark---ing :rolleyes:

Did you just call Tree large :o

Richard

OI!! I will have you know that the Cabbage and nettle diet is going splendidly and my branches are scrinking, ok my bark needs a bit of working on still but hey folks i am an ancient tree not a sapling :closedeyes:

No!, Bigmac did. :unsure:

:blink:

It would appear you were all barking up the wrng tree so to speak . . . .

:) curtseys and smiles :) thank you kindly for 'twigging ' that :) those two scallywag minxes :rolleyes:

Edited by tree

Tree is now in pieces on towpath and passage clear !!

I'll let you guys take it on from there... I'm outta here :-)

:) thanks for the information as its useful for others passing by. :)

( gets her wand and spellbook ready ....... take note Master Bizzard ;)

:) thanks for the information as its useful for others passing by. :)

( gets her wand and spellbook ready ....... take note Master Bizzard ;)

Yyyeess Mrs Tree I've tooked it. Being as the Tree in question fell down at Bosley which is near to Nutsford i immediately thought of you because of this, despite the other chaps mention of a large tree as i don't know how bbbbig you are.And then i remember you saying somewhere that you were in Wales. We have a Spellbrook and Spelbrook lock nearear though i have no hysterical knowledge about them :blush::unsure:

Ps, the K.

Edited by bizzard

Yyyeess Mrs Tree I've tooked it. Being as the Tree in question fell down at Bosley which is near to Nutsford i immediately thought of you because of this, despite the other chaps mention of a large tree as i don't know how bbbbig you are.And then i remember you saying somewhere that you were in Wales. We have a Spellbrook and Spelbrook lock nearear. :blush::unsure:

Ps, the K.

ahem!! Master Bizzard tis MISS TREE :) and as for my size well being over 100 years old I am over 30ft, so quite lickle really for my age :rolleyes: I may be extreemly shortsighted, but I tend to only fall down in the Winter or Spring months usually on a wednesday after a sample of nettle wine ;)

wot not cauldrons or wands ??? Spellbrook what a wonderful name :)

edited to add : hmmmm.....NUTS ford and you thought of me :blink: Ime an Oak tree not a nut tree, mind you i admit to being a lickle bit crackers :rolleyes:

Edited by tree

ahem!! Master Bizzard tis MISS TREE :) and as for my size well being over 100 years old I am over 30ft, so quite lickle really for my age :rolleyes: I may be extreemly shortsighted, but I tend to only fall down in the Winter or Spring months usually on a wednesday after a sample of nettle wine ;)

wot not cauldrons or wands ??? Spellbrook what a wonderful name :)

edited to add : hmmmm.....NUTS ford and you thought of me :blink: Ime an Oak tree not a nut tree, mind you i admit to being a lickle bit crackers :rolleyes:

SSSSoorrrryyy Mys-tery, Knutsford's in Cheshire not far from Bosley. I'm sure your really a waif of a sappling. Arn't Acorns nuts?. :unsure:

SSSSoorrrryyy Mys-tery, Knutsford's in Cheshire not far from Bosley. I'm sure your really a waif of a sappling. Arn't Acorns nuts?. :unsure:

:) well I have never asked any acorns, but squirrels like them :blush: I personally prefer hazelnuts ( quickly burst into 'nuts whole hazelnuts ohhhh..... cadburys took them and covered them in chocolate ) quickly apologises for going off tangent ..... Concentrate Tree !! tis quite hard while typing and eating cold yorkshire pudding covered in strawberry jam :rolleyes:

Tina Turner, isn't it?

Knutsford City Limits..

Richard

ohh!!! ruddy nora dont you start me off now !!!

quickly dashes to wardrobe and chucks her pinny and marigold on the floor and gets out her sparkly disco diva outfits and boogies around the lounge much to the amazement of Tree my wacky cockatiel (who actually thinks that he is a vulture ..) remininists about those good olde days of Soul Train adn R&B dancing days awwww... those were the days :rolleyes:

The Canal was open again by 11.20 on Saturday, the email from waterscape to say that the canal was reopened was sent out this morning at 9.49.

NarrowboatWorld will have it as an exlusive on thursday.....

CaRT Directors cuts force Tree into bits on towpath.....