BBC Midlands news 05/07/12

Featured Posts

Well that ended happily, without too much fuss .................... we had to wait 12 hours!

gallery_5000_522_47890.jpg

Ah Chris - if it's water, been there - Coburn must have been your fault then...

Poor old Progress spends her life under a dust sheet and never gets to cruise.

Bigger boats more fun, perhaps......

No, it's the one hidden away on the right just before the A453 road bridge as you head North.

TBH, they must have cut back a lot of vegetation recently as usually you can't see down that stretch. I would think the couple were using the entrance as a winding hole to return back to base and became caught in the strong flow visible on the camera.

Matty posting on Kathy's lappy!!

We came up the Soar yesterday, as they were heading down.

In fact they came into Kegworth Deep as we left it.

It was their first day out of the marina on a 2 month trip.

Hope they are both OK, I think they are probably quite shook up.

I have to say that the pull of the river coming out of the Ratcliffe

lock cut was very strong, and if it had been easy to turn I may well

have done so, having said that it was a very pleasant trip back up

to Loughborough after that one section.

Chris

It is a Fernwood Boat and they have I believe been living aboard for 4 years so have a bit of experience . Must have been really scary for them. Rivers can be tricky at the best of times.wacko.gif Hope they aren't put off too much.

Apparently it happened as they tried to get out the way of a widebeam coming towards them. The cratch is damaged, but otherwise it's thought all is ok. The couple have relatives to stay with until they can get back onboard.

• Greenie 1

The owners are stuck but thankfully safe at Redhill, Redhill sent a tug and two tractors with the help of BW's to pull them off the weir , only damage done to there boat was a ripped cratch cover, chimney and TV aerial, I did offer them our TV aerial but couldn't get to them as the water was far too deep.

599333_10151880533080109_1434947160_n.jpg

Went down again yesterday, water levels dropping but still not enough for me to get to them to lend them my aerial

I see someone has lent them a full length scaffold plank - I wonder if they still need wellies to walk to dry land though

I see someone has lent them a full length scaffold plank - I wonder if they still need wellies to walk to dry land though

They also look like they have got an aerial sorted Roxy so may not need your offer.

Yes Andy and Debs lent them a gang plank, but it still wouldnt reach to dry land, They do however have a aerial..but still stuck, yet most important safe, as is there NB. Spoke to them earlier this evening and they in high spirits, still shaken up from there ordeal but cant bare to watch the footaged on BBC News...