Steve Woolford nearly ten.

Then Mikron bought and converted her

Now she's carrying once again.

Still carrying,

Still carrying,

Still carrying on.

All the boats are leaving now,

but the Tyseley's swimming on."

Part of the title song from Mikron's show about Tyseley, "Still Carrying", from 1983/4, repeated in 1996. (Hope I've remembered the words right).

The Brookes, father and son, had Tyesley from new for GUCCCo and BW. Steve Woolford operated Tyseley as a resturant boat at Thrupp.

I can confirm that all fleet lists up to 01 October 1954 list TYSELEY as being operated by the Brookes family. A Bulls Bridge document dated 13 December 1954 lists TYSELEY as being a "change boat". Stephen Woolford, Thrupp purchased TYSELEY on 25 February 1964 (not from B.W.B.) and sold it during January 1975 to John May, Abingdon. Initially John May allowed Micron Theatre Co. to use TYSELEY for their annual waterway tours before selling the boat to them during May 1978.

I assume that no clearer copy has survived?

Dont really understand the comment. The order number is quite clear on the blueprint as it is on other drawings.

You wrote "blurprint", slip of the finger - 'e' is next to 'r' on the keyboard. :blush:

• Greenie 1

While reading Inland Waterways of England Wales and Scotland compiled by L.A.Edwards 1972 edition.

On page 276 are the following words for the river Thames

"Bradshaws guide in 1918 listed 'flash' locks ( navigation weirs ) on the river namely

Eaton Weir, Eynsham Weir and Medley Weir."

Never having read any of Bradshaws guides the question is were they more than a railway guide, I know from the railway journeys series on TV that they had a description of the destinations. Did they also include rives and canals

While reading Inland Waterways of England Wales and Scotland compiled by L.A.Edwards 1972 edition.

On page 276 are the following words for the river Thames

"Bradshaws guide in 1918 listed 'flash' locks ( navigation weirs ) on the river namely

Eaton Weir, Eynsham Weir and Medley Weir."

Never having read any of Bradshaws guides the question is were they more than a railway guide, I know from the railway journeys series on TV that they had a description of the destinations. Did they also include rives and canals

Bradshaw 'wrote' 'Lengths and Levels', there's a copy available online HERE. It shows the lengths and levels of canals, rivers, and some railways associated with 'Bradshaw's Northern Maps'. It is not a guide in any form, but a detailed account of datum as surveyed. Dated 1832.