Spare Barrus Shire Belt RDG6076

Featured Posts

Hi

I have just bought an alternator belt from these chaps. Good price and quick delivery.

Bearing Station. Can't remember the website address but I'm sure if you google them it will produce the desired address.

They are based in Fife.

Martyn

Hi

I have just bought an alternator belt from these chaps. Good price and quick delivery.

Bearing Station.

Thanks Martyn

Unfortunately they can't supply without the belt dimensions - which I don't have.

Thanks Martyn

Unfortunately they can't supply without the belt dimensions - which I don't have.

I have the same issue - Barrus Shire 35. I was told i need the XXX x XXX measurement that will be on the belts somewhere ... couldn't see them when i last looked.

Thanks Martyn

I will assume that the belt is a standard v belt, not one of those multi-rib jobbies.

The belt dimensions are usually writtern on the outside belt- something like either SPZ 1075 or A880. If there are give these to your belt supplier, or better yet take him the old belt. Most bearing Stockists listed in Yellow Pages will have common belt sizes and can get the less common ones easily. There are a series of standard lengths, plus specials for automotive suppliers. The automotive belts can nearly always be replaced with a standard item.

Don't waste your time with Halfrauds or motor factors- they are geared to the auto market and can only classify belts by the originating car/van.

You will know if it is an SP(x) (cogged)belt because there will be 'teeth' on the inside. If is has no 'teeth then it's an ordinary belt.

The width and thickness will tell you what size of belt it is. If you measure these and post them here I will look it up for you.

Then you need the length.

Stretch a piece of string round the outside of the belt (stick it on with masking tape if needed) and then measure the length of the string.

Post that length here too, and from that it is possible to work out the pitch length of the belt, which is the second part of the code.

If it is a multi-rib jobby then the size is also on the belt- something like J1205. If not, you need to count the number of ribs, measure the length with string as above and post on here and again it can be worked out. you will also need to say if there are ribs on both sides.

Multi-rib belts seem to be alot harder to get than V belts and much more expensive (but they are better).

N