Cutting the cord

Smelly

Featured Posts

No doubt this will turn into a tirade but I might get some useful info first...

I'm dropping my mooring this weekend. I hope to be moving back to the west mids soon but that might not work out. Furthermore, with the State Second Pension coming in in September I will be faced with the choice of mooring fees or social life. Anyone who knows me knows that choosing the latter will probably be a one way ticket to depression so I'm not entertaining it.

If I don't go to Wolvo there's a reasonable chance of a pay rise off the back of this week's promotion (on my birthday too :) ) which will fund a mooring over the winter at least.

I will be ccing in the interim! A bit of a gamble I know but I have already taken the last step; there's no going back now!

I need to sort washing out, so... Does anyone know a decent laundry service in central Leicester? I know there's places in Luff but opening times will be a problem and Luff can't be home all the time!

Also, Monsieur Fuzzy tells me there's nowhere to empty the bog in Leicester. Although I hate to second guess a respected friend with regard these waters, I'm hoping he's wrong!

Wide locks on my lonesome is a bit daunting too but no doubt I'll get used to it; I'm no stranger to single handing on the narrows!

Edited by Smelly

I will be faced with the choice of mooring fees or social life. Anyone who knows me knows that choosing the latter will probably be a one way ticket to depression so I'm not entertaining it.

This is baffling me; do you mean the opposite? I could be missing an implicit double negative i suppose

Well done on the promotion. I hope things work out for you. I've a feeling they will, let me know when you get back on the narrows & i'll point the boat in your direction so i can invite you in for a cup of tea ;)

Shame your promotion will not fund your mooring, no tirade from me unless you propose to be CM'er near the water point. If you move a reasonable distance every couple of days you might find you enjoy it.

Shame your promotion will not fund your mooring, no tirade from me unless you propose to be CM'er near the water point. If you move a reasonable distance every couple of days you might find you enjoy it.

I used to quite enjoy getting home, firing the boat up and going for a potter... Promotion might fund a mooring once I get the money to reflect the additional responsibility, however if my new service delivery model works I expect to at least double, if not treble the firm's income from my team so come the August meeting, if it works, I expect to be on good ground!

Either that or Wolvo will put 3 of the 6k pa I'm down on my last job back in the pot!

do away with a laundry service and shop at "Primark" :D

There will no doubt be some of that too!