Camouflage boat - located

Featured Posts

But is this the one that is a den of thieves, the one that disappeared with a vulnerable person on board, the one that was for sale or the one that someone posted a picture of saying "look at this interesting boat"?

Or are they all the same boat?

But is this the one that is a den of thieves, the one that disappeared with a vulnerable person on board, the one that was for sale or the one that someone posted a picture of saying "look at this interesting boat"?

Or are they all the same boat?

These are the 'suspected' (is that PC enough?) villains . . . .

The local BW chaps are all of a fluster, for coincidentally there has been a noticeable rise of folks losing their possessions recently, (including a BW launch that they misplaced, and was found a few days later hidden on the offside locally, but strangely, now containing hacksaw, bolt-croppers and other engineering equipment that wasn't in the boat when it was misplaced.

Boaters in the area may just like to be a little more careful when leaving items on display

Interesting, as I was going along behind a 'camouflage' boat in the Braunston area yesterday, and had no idea if it is 'the one' in question. It did have a number of dogs on board which I think was mentioned in the initial report, but it did also have the boat name on the side which I think was missing in the initial description.

I suspect there may be more boats in that colour scheme about than we think!

I suspect there may be more boats in that colour scheme about than we think!

There are lots of camouflage boats on the system, (I have certainly seen probably approaching double figures).

I must admit I feel uncomfortable with this kind of thread, even if started with good intentions, because it seems to me there is a real risk of people thinking it is a boat (or boats) other than the one which an attempt is being made to alert us to, and hence being suspicious of people who happen to own one of the others, but are in no way involved.

There are lots of camouflage boats on the system, (I have certainly seen probably approaching double figures).

I must admit I feel uncomfortable with this kind of thread, even if started with good intentions, because it seems to me there is a real risk of people thinking it is a boat (or boats) other than the one which an attempt is being made to alert us to, and hence being suspicious of people who happen to own one of the others, but are in no way involved.

Thanks Alan, I agree. A friend was a traveller (aka hippy convoy, remember that?) in the 80's and would get blamed for all of the crime that happened in every town or village she passed through (whilst at the same time the villagers would try to poison her dogs).

Has any attempt been made by the police to question them? Does anyone know? BW are usually pretty quick to involve the police (or even tip us off on this forum), but we've heard nothing in this instance.

Edited by Lady Muck

Has any attempt been made by the police to question them? Does anyone know? BW are usually pretty quick to involve the police (or even tip us off on this forum), but we've heard nothing in this instance.

I really don't know, m'Lady, all I can say is that our local Officer (of The Law) has mentioned to me previously that they are 'keen to apprehend the miscreants' (maybe not verbatim - but the sense is accurate) , and I was told that our local BW Management are 'on the case'

I can offer no greater level of/more accurate information