Braunston Historic Boat Festival 2012

matty40s

Featured Posts

I wasn't sure whether this was supposed to go into Stoppages, Social Events and Banters, Historic, waterways news or other area so it's in General Boating until someone decides otherwise.

Many boats have arrived this week, with a constant stream of latecomers today as well.

Reginald had to be moved further up the line earlier to be with the Stewarts and LLoyds Tugs.

I do hope the weather holds out, windy throughout, sunshine with heavy showers tommorow and rain early Sunday followed by showers.

As your starter for 10, here's a quick taster.There are at least 4 forum members visible......

more as the weekend progresses.

Edited by matty40s
  • Greenie 2

Cheers Matty for tying off my bow line (and nearly getting catapulted off of the springy wooden boards on the working boat next to us in the process!) after that move (move number one!) And cheers to Liam and also the other two blokes that it took to undo it again for me to do move number two! :D

Edited by Starcoaster

'Look for the strange amongst strangers' new photo instruction, will keep me eye out for you :lol:

Matty, great vid and goes so well with a bit of Bruce.. yeah liking it! xx

Loving the music his best new stuff for a while..oh and nice boats too..

Ian.

We'll be there tomorrow, Lily-Mae is taking me, she's just started walking so apologies in advance if we cause a blockage on the towpath!!!!!!

You're going to have a great day tomorrow, as you'll be able to film the beginning of Lily-Mae's walking adventures, and as a bonus lots of beautiful historic boats.

Enjoy,

Peter.

Videos from Saturday of Towcester, Sickle, Reginald, Adamant, Nutfield & Raymond, Fulbourne & Angel, Chertsey and many tugs are shown with hot links on the History and Heritage tab, Braunston 2012 thread.

Several others of tugs on Youtube channel MrGig2010, and more to added over the next few days.

Edited by jake_crew

A few pictures from Saturday:

Can be seen as a slideshow - button top right

Enjoy

Tim

:) really nice pictures, thanks for sharing them :)

I wasn't sure whether this was supposed to go into Stoppages, Social Events and Banters, Historic, waterways news or other area so it's in General Boating until someone decides otherwise.

Many boats have arrived this week, with a constant stream of latecomers today as well.

Reginald had to be moved further up the line earlier to be with the Stewarts and LLoyds Tugs.

I do hope the weather holds out, windy throughout, sunshine with heavy showers tommorow and rain early Sunday followed by showers.

As your starter for 10, here's a quick taster.There are at least 4 forum members visible......

more as the weekend progresses.

:) excellent vidio Matty, once I had stopped dancing around to the music ;) really enjoyed watching that :)

Videos from Saturday of Towcester, Sickle, Reginald, Adamant, Nutfield & Raymond, Fulbourne & Angel, Chertsey and many tugs are shown with hot links on the History and Heritage tab, Braunston 2012 thread.

Several others of tugs on Youtube channel MrGig2010, and more to added over the next few days.

:) thanks for that :)

I'm always highly reluctant to try and publish a list of who I met, as I have a memory like a sieve, and don't want to offend those I leave off the list......

However, I think it is quite fun to see just how many forum people one meets at these things, so here is my first quick crack at a list of who I personally met....

Associated with historic boats present.....

Chertsey

David Mack

Evil Edna

Kez

Koukouvagia

Liam

Mike The Boilerman

Paddington Bear

Peter O

Starcoaster

Tim Lewis

Water Rat

Other visitors.....

Barry Adams

Black Ibis

Blue String Pudding

Dan Gereaux

David Schweizer

Fade to Scarlet

Jeannnette Smith Harrisson

Kathleen Bridget

Maggie Young

Matty40S

Moomin Papa

Mrs Tawny Owl

M T Major

Pete Harrison

Ray T

Richard T

RLWP

Spirit of Albion

Tree Monkey

TWBM

Plus some obvious ones I some how kind of missed......

Carlt (Yes - honestly! - sorry Carl!)

Jake Crew

Stagedamager (I know Cath chatted with Dan and family, but somehow I still have yet to fully talk to him, I think!)

I'm absolutely convinced I have left some key players off - I just thought of two more, as I was about to post, so please feel free to jog my memory!

Edited to add a key omission!

Edited by alan_fincher

Here's a link to the pictures I took. If anyone wants copies, feel free. :D

Ah, this had to happen!......

Unbeknown to us, (honest guv!), when the boats were moved around when we were not there, it seems someone had attached a dangling pipe fender to the shackle at the rear of "Sickle".

So we actually ended up parading with that horror of horrors - the dangling fender.

The other thing that happened is that when we were told we were in the afternoon parade, we were suddenly told to fire up engines, and go off in the morning. So the planned boat washing / brass polishing had not happened, and Cath can be spotted here frantically trying to spruce up the very worst of the brass that had all been discoloured by recent rain.

IMG_1687.jpg

The following morning we were again sent off hours ahead of when we had been advised. cath had gone to the shops, so I had to frantically get going without her. She of course returned to find the boat gone, and had to come looking for it.

I'm always highly reluctant to try and publish a list of who I met, as I have a memory like a sieve, and don't want to offend those I leave off the list......

However, I think it is quite fun to see just how many forum people one meets at these things, so here is my first quick crack at a list of who I personally met....

Associated with historic boats present.....

Chertsey

David Mack

Evil Edna

Kez

Koukouvagia

Liam

Mike The Boilerman

Paddington Bear

Peter O

Starcoaster

Tim Lewis

Water Rat

Other visitors.....

Barry Adams

Black Ibis

Blue String Pudding

Dan Gereaux

David Schweizer

Fade to Scarlet

Kathleen Bridget

Maggie Young

Matty40S

Moomin Papa

Mrs Tawny Owl

M T Major

Pete Harrison

Ray T

Richard T

RLWP

Spirit of Albion

Tree Monkey

TWBM

Plus some obvious ones I some how kind of missed......

Carlt (Yes - honestly! - sorry Carl!)

Jake Crew

Stagedamager (I know Cath chatted with Dan and family, but somehow I still have yet to fully talk to him, I think!)

I'm absolutely convinced I have left some key players off - I just thought of two more, as I was about to post, so please feel free to jog my memory!

I did speak to you on the marina bridge on Sunday morning when the Blue Line boats were trying to get organised for a photo with one guy on the front of Raymond pulling one way and a guy on the back pulling another!

I did speak to you on the marina bridge on Sunday morning when the Blue Line boats were trying to get organised for a photo with one guy on the front of Raymond pulling one way and a guy on the back pulling another!

And I apologise! As I said, memory like a sieve, and I'm not great at making lists like this.

What I think is interesting is just how significant the forum has become, and I'm sure far more were present than those I have tried to list.

I can't imagine compiling such a long list of names connected to any other canal related site.

And I apologise! As I said, memory like a sieve, and I'm not great at making lists like this.

What I think is interesting is just how significant the forum has become, and I'm sure far more were present than those I have tried to list.

I can't imagine compiling such a long list of names connected to any other canal related site.

I imagine there was alot there. I was Sunday afternoon and would have said hello but you didn't seem to be about. I expect you were occupied with getting your broken part fixed.