A chance to try your hand on a traditional pair.

twbm

Featured Posts

The Narrowboat Trust is looking to recruit new active members to crew the boats. We'll be running some crewing 'open days' during the year, the first being the 29th, 30th June and the 1st July at Reading.

We'll be in the town centre near the Oracle at 1000h. The trip will be from Reading a short way towards the Thames, winding, then back in the direction of Burghfield and beyond if time permits, winding again and arriving back in Reading in the early evening. Lunch is planned for the Cafe at Burghfield. Tea and coffee will be provided. We know you know, but sensible shoes and clothes you don't mind getting dirty.

Trips dependent upon the water staying at sensible levels - ironic given that we're on the K&A to avoid a drought.

Please PM me if you would like to join us.

Is that just you at the Oracle? If with the boats,which side will you be?

Towpath - right hand side as you look to the Thames? Not too far from the bridge in the shopping centre, not sure exactly where until we arrive but a PM will get you my phone number if you're interested.

Anyone inspired to come and play by what they saw at Braunston?

Very much so, been thinking of joining the NBT for a while now. Will have to give Reading a miss though as it's a little short notice. However if you do it again I may be interested :)

Very much so, been thinking of joining the NBT for a while now. Will have to give Reading a miss though as it's a little short notice. However if you do it again I may be interested :)

sadly we are at the wrong end of the country..

Thanks for the interest - we will arrange another, I think further North.

Edited by twbm

I might be interested in a later one, but if we manage to get Sickle repaired, I need to be moving her this weekend.

(If I haven't got her repaired, I STILL need to be moving her this weekend!........)

That is very tempting but I am committed this weekend (National Morris Minor Rally with friends down from Yorshire) and next weekend is not easy either as I am due to be signalling on the Llangollen railway.

Any sessions planned in the midlands/Northamptonshire area?

I'd love to learn about running a pair of working boats though.

Hi, We didn't get any confirmed attendees so the weekend is cancelled. Seems that another weekend in the Midlands might be better. Dates to follow once we've sorted out the cruising diary.

Meanwhile, interested potential crew are always welcome to join us on our runs, and Barry our crewing coordinator would be pleased to hear from you.

http://www.narrowboattrust.org.uk/contacts.htm

I'd of fancied comming out for the day but I had got the impression you were after crew more committed to the future. I've enough to do shifting my own boats!

It's a great offer though i'm surprised nobody took you up on it.

Paul