Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
MJG

Banking issues....

Featured Posts

For a couple of days our on-line banking service with Nat West has been a bit hit and miss and balances aren't being routinely updated due to - 'technical issues'.

Paid a cheque in this morning and the lady tells me this is a problem affecting the whole UK banking system, so I'm checking, any body else having problems, or better does any body who works in the sector care to share what might be going on....

ed to add - seems I might have been told porkies -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18535060

Edited by MJG

Halifax/BoS online is fine Martin, so I think it is as the media reports it rather than your bank lady told you!

Halifax/BoS online is fine Martin, so I think it is as the media reports it rather than your bank lady told you!

Thanks - also just spoken to my daughter who is a Barclay's customer and she is not having any issues either - cheers. :angry:

I've just logged into 3 different banks and juggled money between them with no problems.

You couldn't juggle some to me while they get it sorted could you???

Interesting, I am with HSBC and have been thinking of contacting them over the past couple of weeks. Debits and credits seem to be very slow or erratic, nothing serious but it has felt that something in the system is not working properly.

You couldn't juggle some to me while they get it sorted could you???

I have been known to drop some, occasionally.

I have been (literally) advised to take cash out of on one and walk across the road to pay it into the other (business to personal account). The alternative offered was keep £3000 in my back pocket.

summat may be up with the banks

I have been (literally) advised to take cash out of on one and walk across the road to pay it into the other (business to personal account). The alternative offered was keep £3000 in my back pocket.

summat may be up with the banks

Nat west has mega interests in both Greece and Spain, maybe its nothing though

Recently transferred money from natwest to Santander and Nationwide with no problems. Also transferred some from PO savings a/c to nationwide and it went through overnight.

Nat West are having big problems with software I believe, been into the branch this morning, they reckon it'll all be sorted by mid afternoon. We can't do anything on line at the moment.

Recently transferred money from natwest to Santander and Nationwide with no problems. Also transferred some from PO savings a/c to nationwide and it went through overnight.

I could do stuff on line yesterday but not the day before nor again today... it's a strange one,

I guess I will just need to be patient...

Mmmm - not improving as the day goes on -

Important Information for our customers - message timed at 14:45

**NEW**

We continue to experience technical issues which means that account balances have not been updated and yesterday's balance is still being displayed. We recognise this has caused significant inconvenience for our customers and has impacted many of our services.

We are doing everything we can to resolve this issue and will keep you informed of our progress.

Customers who are affected can access cash at local branches, and staff at our call centres are also ready to answer questions and help where they can.

We will be keeping over 1,000 NatWest branches in all major towns and cities open until 7pm tonight to assist customers who are unable to get to their branch during working hours.

I could do stuff on line yesterday but not the day before nor again today... it's a strange one,

I guess I will just need to be patient...

Ooooh - - I would be a patient if I were you - - - - you can only guess what the NHS staff were like . . . . .

:rolleyes:

Sounds like their overnight processing has gone for a burton - most banks are not 'real time' and do rely on overnight batch processes.

Its on the telly now (Channel 4 news). What normally happens in these cases is that they'll have to compensate a number of customers, but you'd need to show that you were affected by it. I've known cases where a bank's card processing network went bonkers on a Saturday and declined all customers who tried to use their card. Of course, being a Saturday, many people went shopping that day. They ended up giving £50 to each customer. Personally I've had problems with my bank card (didn't activate a new card properly) and after a phone call or two, got about £30 compensation off them.

Its always worth remembering that computerised systems can go funny or not work, and to have an alternative method of payment if you nip out to the shops and need something. Makes sense these days.

I have a Natwest account too and also can't get onto the on line service. Also I thought some money should have hit my account today, but the cash point balance says not. Not sure if it's not been paid, or if the tech issues are keeping it from showing.

I can get into my Halifax account (which I know has no money in it though!) just fine. :D

Edited by Starcoaster

I have a Natwest account too and also can't get onto the on line service. Also I thought some money should have hit my account today, but the cash point balance says not. Not sure if it's not been paid, or if the tech issues are keeping it from showing.

I can get into my Halifax account (which I know has no money in it though!) just fine. :D

You get this when you log in this morning - still not sorted and getting beyond a joke -

Your money it seems will have gone in it's just not showing, my NHS pension was due in today and is not showing either, :angry: however a lady from Nat West said on the BBC this morning that as the money is not showing you will not be able to access it....charming.

Important Information for our customers mess age timed at 06:30 on 22 June

**NEW**

Unfortunately we are once again experiencing technical issues with our systems and account balances have not updated properly overnight. This means where money has gone into a customers account, there may be a delay in it appearing on their balance.

We can assure our customers that this problem is strictly of a technical nature and we continue to work hard to resolve this.

We also recognise this is an unacceptable inconvenience for our customers, for which we apologise.

Staff in our branches and at our call centres are ready and available to answer any questions and help where they can.

Edited by MJG

For a couple of days our on-line banking service with Nat West has been a bit hit and miss and balances aren't being routinely updated due to - 'technical issues'.

Paid a cheque in this morning and the lady tells me this is a problem affecting the whole UK banking system, so I'm checking, any body else having problems, or better does any body who works in the sector care to share what might be going on....

ed to add - seems I might have been told porkies -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18535060

If you could PM me with your bank account details, password and PIN I'll look into it.

:)

:cheers:

You get this when you log in this morning - still not sorted and getting beyond a joke -

Your money it seems will have gone in it's just not showing, my NHS pension was due in today and is not showing either, :angry: however a lady from Nat West said on the BBC this morning that as the money is not showing you will not be able to access it....charming.

Important Information for our customers mess age timed at 06:30 on 22 June

**NEW**

Unfortunately we are once again experiencing technical issues with our systems and account balances have not updated properly overnight. This means where money has gone into a customers account, there may be a delay in it appearing on their balance.

We can assure our customers that this problem is strictly of a technical nature and we continue to work hard to resolve this.

We also recognise this is an unacceptable inconvenience for our customers, for which we apologise.

Staff in our branches and at our call centres are ready and available to answer any questions and help where they can.

I have worked in the computer industry most of my working life and I can assure you that the team responsible will be working around the clock to fix the problem ... there isn't much anyone can do except wait until the solution has been determined, tested and rolled out. The danger with a knee jerk reaction is that it might make things worse so they are probably being extra careful to ensure that the solution doesn't make the problem worse.

Its not much comfort to those that are effected but it how it is

I have worked in the computer industry most of my working life and I can assure you that the team responsible will be working around the clock to fix the problem ... there isn't much anyone can do except wait until the solution has been determined, tested and rolled out. The danger with a knee jerk reaction is that it might make things worse so they are probably being extra careful to ensure that the solution doesn't make the problem worse.

Its not much comfort to those that are effected but it how it is

You sound just like a Nat West spokesperson..... ;)

I'm now in the thick of this, as, with almost unbelievably bad timing, I was probably going to complete the sale of my late mother's house today, expecting to use a Nat West executors account for the purpose, until the funds could be distributed to those they are passing to.

It appears that the problem is rather more than "balances not being updated", as the staff at Nat West are currently simply not able to access the accounts at all, so can't actually offer any practical advice. (So it's a bit hard to see what the longer opening hours are achieving, other than give you a sympathetic voice to talk to, but who is unlikely to actually be able to help you).

It's becoming a right nightmare - but please don't start sending me sort code and account details of any accounts where the proceeds of this house sale can be held on behalf of my mother's estate, until Nat West sorts themselves out - I ain't biting!.......

Sign in to follow this