Beta 43 oil presure sensor

Dank

Featured Posts

Calling on the expertise of this forum again.

Upgrading my control panel to the deluxe version and have replaced the water temperature sensor, but for the life of me can't find the oil pressure switch. Don't want to cut into the loom to trace the wire. Probably doesn't help that it's a Beta in a box.

Can anybody point out where I should be looking.

Many Thanks

David

Hi David

The pictute on the front page of the beta manual for the "normal" beta 43 shows the switch at the back of the engine. The link function will not work for me at the moment, so here is the url

wwww.betamarine.co.uk/literature/.../1660-4360-HE-SOM-1011.pdf

Steve

Edited by Eeyore

Hi Steve and anyone this may help.

The picture on the manual I think may be a beta 60 and what is showing is an electrical terminal.

In the case of the Beta 43S the oil pressure sensor is tucked away behind the geabox oil cooler and I found it necessary to remove the cooler to access. It is on a 'T' piece with the switch for the cocoon fan.

Thanks to the lads at Beta Marine for their patience.

• 3 years later...

Hi People

We are having trouble with the panel showing the engine is over heating but the other day I checked the coolant level and set off after a few minutes the panel showed that engine was over heating, which no way it was as we just set off.

We have just come down from Teddington to Brentford and the panel indicated that the engine was overheating but the engine did not smell too hot so we carried on.

When we moored in Brentford we tested the engine temperature with a digital thermometer and it showed it was at 80c not 100c plus, so we suspect a problem with the sender unit.

So now comes the question where is the sender unit on a Beta 43 located so that we can check the wiring and unit?

Hope somebody can help us.

Regards

Andy