Missing Dog

Dovetail

Featured Posts

Hi Jannett thats great thanks. I have had a couple of calls from the posters one good one from the bunny park. Its coming up to two weeks now since Dusty went missing but when you read some of the passed stories of found dogs on the Dog Lost website after weeks if not months I realize I may just be starting with my search and getting posters out there is the best way to get him back.

...when you read some of the passed stories of found dogs on the Dog Lost website after weeks if not months I realize I may just be starting with my search and getting posters out there is the best way to get him back.

The charity I volunteer for is having to rehome a dog that was returned to its owner over a year after it disappeared.

Unfortunately her circumstances had changed and she isn't allowed pets in her new home.

It is way too early to be losing hope.

This worked once for a runaway cat but is possibly worth a try for Dusty - if you know what area he's in (which it sounds like you may do)find a safe spot to put something that smells of you. If he finds it he may return to it - or even stay there. Hope you find him soon.

Edited by Millsy

So sorry to hear you have lost dusty, I have been following this thread since you posted it, just an idea to suggest are there any cctv around the areas, maybe pubs, shops, car parks etc, maybe worth passing your details onto the operators just incase they see him, long shot but you never no, may just get a sighting and that call.

Best wishes and good luck

That sounds like such a good idea. In this weather as well you could put a box under a hedge somewhere with a jumper or blanket that smells of you in. Then hes got a bit of shelter too.

This is one of the great bits of advice I received from Dog Lost .co.uk but you have to be confident you know he is in the area. Also they recommend I scent mark an area after good confirmed sightings dont need to go into details but it includes a bucket and something like a lemonade bottle. I have done this around a park and a walk back to the boat after a sighting but nothing other than a few strange looks and it may hold him in an area and stop him moving on if he is in the open that is.

I did receive a call on Wednesday from a local park of a dog matching Dustys description on his own he left the park and went down the road towards Hanwell.

I went to the park and posted new posters in the hope other people had seen the dog in the area and also went to the park for a couple of hours the next day at the same time of the previous sighting in the hope he may return at a similar time, thinking that a dog is an animal of habit but no sighting.

I am still confident I will get him back and expect him to be fat and over weight when I get him as he is such a scavenger and I know he will not be going hungry if in the open. A typical terrier.

The other day I was contacted by someone who had found a red collar and wanted me to see it to see if I recognised it.

The collar had a tag on it that was not my number but the person that found it thought that the tag had perhaps fitted after Dusty went missing?

The collar turned out to be an identical collar to Dusty’s but had this tag suggesting another dog. I was sure this was a coincident but……….

The lady that found the collar called the number and as expected belonged to another dog she actually knew once she made the call.

It was nice of the lady to think of me and Dusty.

Its been over three weeks now and next week I will have to move and that will be hard without him he loved the moving especially the walk back for the van.