Missing Dog

Dovetail

Featured Posts

Don't expect the RSPCA to do anything other than to pass you on to a different agency and let someone else deal with it...they will do anything to avoid actually dealing with the problem. I deal with them on a daily basis with my day job and basically they simply don't want to know in most cases...lots of petty jobsworths sitting in a comfy office and not appearing to give a toss about animal welfare.

Good luck with your search though and I hope you and Dusty are reunited soon.

Janet

Just a thought dovetail, but have you made your local BW people, boat checkers, lock volunteres etc aware of dusty being missing? They may have seen him or even spoke to a boater who might. Good luck.

Thats a good point and was going to let BW know to report him missing but mainly to let them know I will need to stay put and will overstay.

We have two new wardens and I met them a few weeks back when they were warning people about dog fouling but not seen then since, perhaps BW can get me in touch with them???

Thats a good point and was going to let BW know to report him missing but mainly to let them know I will need to stay put and will overstay.

We have two new wardens and I met them a few weeks back when they were warning people about dog fouling but not seen then since, perhaps BW can get me in touch with them???

Yes they can. I've needed to do this a couple of times over the years, and they can give you the local person's mobile, or get them to ring yours.

BW are always helpful in my experience if you have a genuine crisis going on.

Good luck! I'd be as frantic as you if I lost my dogs!

Hi,

I have a BT and I know how hard it would be if he went missing............ Till you know where your dog is you will not be able to get on with your life.

Could he have fallen in the canal and not been able to get out ? Where I moor in the winter a friend has a BT that has had to be rescued three times after falling in. The last time he thought she had run off and he searched for 30 minutes before he found her in the water clinging to the rudder of a boat.

I am sorry to post this thought and probably you have searched the water.

Good luck,

Patrick.

Yes Patric I had a good look in the water besides I would hear a splash if he had fallen in the bank is high so a big splash if he did that is. In the past when he has fallen in he made such a commotion it would be hard not to hear.

Yes Patric I had a good look in the water besides I would hear a splash if he had fallen in the bank is high so a big splash if he did that is. In the past when he has fallen in he made such a commotion it would be hard not to hear.

So good to hear that................

All best wishes and I will be thinking about him as I travel.

patrick.

Don't expect the RSPCA to do anything other than to pass you on to a different agency and let someone else deal with it...they will do anything to avoid actually dealing with the problem. I deal with them on a daily basis with my day job and basically they simply don't want to know in most cases...lots of petty jobsworths sitting in a comfy office and not appearing to give a toss about animal welfare.

Good luck with your search though and I hope you and Dusty are reunited soon.

Janet

Thats why I cancelled my monthly donation..to cut a long story short one of my friends went round to see if one of her tennents was ok as she hadn't been seen for a while, she found her laying dead in her flat she had been there for almost 2 weeks, her dog was sat next to her. My friend called the RSPCA as she needed the dog looking after etc and they didnt want to know!!!!!

They aint getting a penny off me ever again...

The rspca arnt there to look after peoples dogs , cruelty and neglect , thats wot they are for , scraping dogs off the A40, dog fights and all other unimaginable things that humans do to all animals, the only reason i mentiond them was their conection with the lost/stolen database , if a person takes any animal into a vets and they suspect abuse , rspca, if a person takes any animal into a vets and its stolen , rspca , if a friend dies and there is an animal that needs looking after its the dog warden via social services, i am married to someone who dedicated 8yrs of her life in some of the most shitty situations in the name of animal welfare

The rspca arnt there to look after peoples dogs , cruelty and neglect , thats wot they are for , scraping dogs off the A40, dog fights and all other unimaginable things that humans do to all animals, the only reason i mentiond them was their conection with the lost/stolen database , if a person takes any animal into a vets and they suspect abuse , rspca, if a person takes any animal into a vets and its stolen , rspca , if a friend dies and there is an animal that needs looking after its the dog warden via social services, i am married to someone who dedicated 8yrs of her life in some of the most shitty situations in the name of animal welfare

What even people that have been found deceased for 2 weeks and whom's dog has been found left next to there body? It was clearly starving and dying of thirst and in desperate need of vetinary care. There was no immediate family and it was clear that after it/if had recovered from its ordeal and in good enough health then would need rehoming? They didnt even tell her to contact the dog warden! Just said it wasnt there problem,. What would be best then in that situation? to kick the starving dog out onto the streets?

Just a thought - you may have been down this route already, but it may be worth contacting any Border & Patterdale Rescue organisations locally and nationally (vets & rescue kennels should have the contact details). They may have had Dusty passed on to them already or may have ideas on where he could be if he's been stolen (God forbid)

I must admit that since reading about you and Dusty I have dug out my dogs' microchip details: not much good stuffed in a drawer at home when we're out and about!

Thoughts still with you both, good luck.

Edited by Millsy

Returning to the original topic:

This is the Doglost page: http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=39907&status=Lost

I see the latest is a possible sighting at "Bunny Park" or Brent Lodge Park.Church Rd,W7. I have noted dogs being recovered ages (months even) after getting lost so don't give up!

Yes Richard a call today with what sounded like a good sighting this morning. Went straight over but if it was Dusty he had gone and and perhaps laying low.

I have just come in from the Bunny Park in the hope that if Dusty was using the park looking for food so I had two and a half hours sat at a park bench in the area he or a similar dog was seen but only a fox spotted.

I may go over in the early morning.

Edited by Dovetail

Just a thought - you may have been down this route already, but it may be worth contacting any Border & Patterdale Rescue organisations locally and nationally (vets & rescue kennels should have the contact details). They may have had Dusty passed on to them already or may have ideas on where he could be if he's been stolen (God forbid)

I must admit that since reading about you and Dusty I have dug out my dogs' microchip details: not much good stuffed in a drawer at home when we're out and about!

Thoughts still with you both, good luck.

Yes its a good point and I understand there is one at Richmond or Teddington? I think its this site but I must be missing something I dont seem to be able to see a contact no or contact us page? if anyone can then please point me in the right direction.

http://www.rescueremedies.co.uk/?page_id=51

yes received two call's late today one from a girl letting me know about someone who had a new dog and thought it strange as it resembled my poster I dont think this is a great lead but will check out the park over the weekend.

The other call is from a lady who spotted a small brown dog with smooth coat walking down a road as she was waiting for a bus on Wednesday she watched as it went past her and turned the corner and noted it was on its own. she made a mental note and thought it was a stray and had a limp on its back right leg and had been concerned it had been in an accident, this information made the hair on the back of my head stand up as Dusty had an operation on this leg and still often limped on it.

The only deviation from a perfect description was she thought the dog had a brown collar and not a red one but to me brown and red are in the same colour spectrum and can be mistaken. Besides witch if she was concerned for the limping dog the collar was not a priority for her.

The area is on the road but close to the three bridges and to to the people that know the canal and Hanwell flight.

I have this week concentrated my search in a park known as the bunny park Hanwell as a reasonable sighting of a dog described as Dusty was spotted, this park is a few miles from todays report but not impossible and it is possible one or both are not Dusty.

I am very confident that todays call is a good positive sighting and will be all over the area like a rash with posters and knocking on doors with leaflets through letter boxes to see if any one else has seen or have taken him in.

something else that is of interest is I put up around 15 posters in the area prior to the new sighting and all but a few had disappeared a few days later?? and the lady who called was lucky to fined that one after a search.

I hope it is him and I am getting close but only time will tell, it will be wonderful to get a couple more sightings in the area over the weekend.

Just to let you know I hit the area of the sighting this morning new posters and as good few posted through letter boxes. I covered a good area including a park and a big complex of flats backing onto the park, I, talked to a number of people, dog walkers, park workmen and bin men but they all said sorry but no, this is not so bad as they know of him now.

I just so happened to bump into the lady that called me with the sighting and during the conversation she mentioned Wednesday the 30the May and not last Wednesday. This was a blow but I got over it and am very grateful she took the time to call it was a very good sighting the following day after Dusty went missing and perhaps filled in a piece of the jigsaw of his movements.

Tonight walking along the Brent I was convinced I could hear Dusty barking with his stressed bark comming from the direction of the allotments and the houses beyond. I dont know if it is the same with other dog owners Dusty has at least three barks, happy, I am the biggest dog in the world and I dont like this. I got a direction on the bark but it stopped before I was convinced it was him. I walked around the area but no more barking.

Tomorrow is another day and I have areas to target and walk.

Guest wanted

I can email you a copy or even better I can save you the ink and deliver some to you with shiny plastic covers

I'll mail you my email, Where is your boat? Cycled up to Southall today, looking into the parks and fields, no joy I'm afraid. Plan for on meeting Nigel carton (forum member) for a pint tomorrow if you are about?