Missing Dog

Dovetail

Featured Posts

I hope the photos work this is my first attempt at posting photos.

This is Dusty my dog that went missing today at 12 noon approx a couple of hundred yards down from the bottom of the Hanwell locks.

He was sat outside a boat that I was working on enjoying the wonderful weather dragging him from full sun to shade. I as usual kept an eye over him and checked him every 15 mins this was easy big side doors on this boat, but at 12 noon had vanished and I fear the worst.

He’s not a wondering dog on occasion he will wander a couple of boat lengths but on the whole he stays close.

He is approx 6.5 –7 years old and looks closer to 3. He is a Patterdale Terrier stands slightly taller than a Jack Russell, chocolate brown and smooth coat (unusual for Patterdales) at the time had a bright read collar.

Notices have gone up and dog wardens contacted along with dog tag the people who run the chips so if anyone tries to reregister him it will be flagged up, or at least I hope so.

I will be contacting all local vets in the morning and other dog/animal centres in the area just in case he has been found or handed in.

I have walked miles today looking for him if only just to keep me busy as the thought of the terrible things you hear what happens to stolen dogs is quite unbearable. I am trying to keep positive and hope to be reunited sap.

So if anyone sees anything or has been offered a dog please let me know.

My link

My link

Guest wanted

I have a day off tomorrow so will have a wonder up to the flight, keep me updated, I could also put posters around Brentford if need be.

Thanks for sorting the photos G&F.

That’s very much appreciated wanted and most welcome. We have walked from Hanwell to Brentford many a time when moving the boat and he loves Boston Manor park and grounds as I do so it is possible?? I will be putting a poster or two this morning near the water point along the towpath and a few in the park.

Cheers carlt I will register with them straight after posting this. Dog Trust had two similar links on their website that for some reason did not work?

Thanks for the kind words and yes he is very cute and knows it.

Yes he is chipped and petlog have him down as missing so if he is picked up or even if someone takes him to a vet and they check the chip alarms and phone calls should ring.

Also the website carlt posted earlier DogLost looks a good thing and was mentioned a couple of times by vets ect during the 20+ calls I made to local vets and re-homing centres and dog wardens.

I have invested in a small printer so I can print plenty of posters as I don’t think my friend can getaway with many more in his office but the printer and my laptop are not talking to one another but hope to fix that soon.

There’s not a lot more I can do now apart from the posters except remain positive and expect to see him very soon.

The boat was so quiet last night without his constant snoring it was very strange.

I do feel for you...not in the area, sorry, might also be worth a call round the area rescue homes...if not brought in they may have ways of getting the word out, eg our local one has a facebook page they use for such things.

I do hope he's found very soon and you are re-united, he will be missing you aswell.

Keep us up to date if you have any news. :hug:

Hope you find him soon- just one thought- I lost my Jack Russell a while ago during a walk- I walked miles looking for him and then when I went back to where I originally lost him- I could hear him barking underground- silly hound had bolted down a hole. I dont know the area that you're in- but are there rabbit or fox holes that he could have gone down- might be worth checking and calling him

Hope you find him soon- it's horrid to be without mans best friend.

might he have jumped into somebody's boat to snooze in the shade and they have set off without realising? ......although one would hope they'd have found it by now if so and perhaps on the way to a police station or vets with him already....

I do hope so.

I hope you find your little chap soon. I was going to suggest the rabbit hole but was beaten to it. Could he have run/wandered back to somewhere you'd moored/visited before? Someone I know had their wandering/lost dog picked up by the police but they weren't notified: the police just put it in their pound.

Guest wanted

Hey again, I had a cycle up to the flight and a bit of a wonder around the woods and Boston manor Park, no sign I am afraid but will mention it to any boats that I catch passing through. I am sure that he'll come back wondering what all of the fuss is about.

Do let us know if we can do anything although I am away at the weekend.

Rob

Hey again, I had a cycle up to the flight and a bit of a wonder around the woods and Boston manor Park, no sign I am afraid but will mention it to any boats that I catch passing through. I am sure that he'll come back wondering what all of the fuss is about.

Rob

Your a good man

Rob

Thanks Rob thats very kind of you. I had myself a walk round Boston Manor Park first thing covered all our usual paths and corners. Then it was back to the boat to start calling up just about everything dog related.

No work today although work at the moment is a couple of boats behind me and nice and easy but I had just to much to sort looking for the dog. If I had known you were going to come this far I could have flagged you down and offered a tea, sorry no ginger beer but I will put you down for a couple of bottles of mead when I make some later for your efforts :cheers:

Got myself a printer today and have started to cover a reasonable area of Hanwell in missing posters in the hope that he is still local??? its better than nothing and can get good results as I understand but you have to do a couple of hundred, did about 60-70 tonight not long back and will concentrate on the parks tomorrow.

The people at Dog Lost .co.uk are fantastic apparently Dusty is on Face Book and Twitter.

:cheers: to everyone for the kind words I remain positive me and Dusty will get a good ending to this.

Guest wanted

Thanks Rob thats very kind of you. I had myself a walk round Boston Manor Park first thing covered all our usual paths and corners. Then it was back to the boat to start calling up just about everything dog related.

No work today although work at the moment is a couple of boats behind me and nice and easy but I had just to much to sort looking for the dog. If I had known you were going to come this far I could have flagged you down and offered a tea, sorry no ginger beer but I will put you down for a couple of bottles of mead when I make some later for your efforts :cheers:

Got myself a printer today and have started to cover a reasonable area of Hanwell in missing posters in the hope that he is still local??? its better than nothing and can get good results as I understand but you have to do a couple of hundred, did about 60-70 tonight not long back and will concentrate on the parks tomorrow.

The people at Dog Lost .co.uk are fantastic apparently Dusty is on Face Book and Twitter.

:cheers: to everyone for the kind words I remain positive me and Dusty will get a good ending to this.

No probs, I have some friends who live by the Fox, I have emailed them a pic as well. Have you put a pic up in the pub as well?

We're not in the area so can't help, but just wanted to say that you clearly love your pooch and deserve to be reunited. I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you - please keep us informed.

No probs, I have some friends who live by the Fox, I have emailed them a pic as well. Have you put a pic up in the pub as well?

Yes a poster went up in the pub I have a better photo now so will change it over tomorrow.

We're not in the area so can't help, but just wanted to say that you clearly love your pooch and deserve to be reunited. I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you - please keep us informed.

Will do and thanks.

I hope you find your little chap soon. I was going to suggest the rabbit hole but was beaten to it. Could he have run/wandered back to somewhere you'd moored/visited before? Someone I know had their wandering/lost dog picked up by the police but they weren't notified: the police just put it in their pound.

A faulty catch on the front door of my brother's boat meant that while he was at work, the door pinged open and both his Staffies escaped. They walked a couple of miles to where he had last been moored! (he was CCing at the time). And judging by sightings my brother heard later, they stayed there a while waiting for him it seems. One of them then followed a lady with a puppy all the way home, the other turned back to the boat. The lady took the one who followed her into her home, fed him a pork chop and used his collar details to phone my brother. He didn't get the message till he finished his shift. But when he did and called her back, she brought the dog back to him, and a very content pooch he was too.

It's possible that something like that might have happened, maybe he followed something, got a bit disorientated and was found by someone else or went off to somewhere he recognised the smell of. I hope some kind person is calling the police or RSPCA to report him lost, and you'll be reunited soon.

Thinking of you,

Edited by BlueStringPudding

How terribly worrying for you. We are not in the area so there is nothing we can do direcly but I have shared a link to this thread on Facebook and requested all my boating friends also share it so perhaps we can spread the word among the boating population to keep their eyes open for you. I hope he turns up soon