Is *anyone* going to Braunston this year?

Chertsey

Featured Posts

It was a week either side of last years event, for those who work and have to weekend their boat back to base.

Fair dues on that point. There are a lot of boats below buckby waiting till Monday to move, will create difficulty for mooring next week then?

Fair dues on that point. There are a lot of boats below buckby waiting till Monday to move, will create difficulty for mooring next week then?

I wouldn't have thought so, the year before last I had to leave Ariel there for the week as I had to get back to work (pah!) and when I returned the following Friday there was just Ariel and 2 other boats there. There should be plenty of room, I think the restrictions are put there to be on the safe side.

I wouldn't have thought so, the year before last I had to leave Ariel there for the week as I had to get back to work (pah!) and when I returned the following Friday there was just Ariel and 2 other boats there. There should be plenty of room, I think the restrictions are put there to be on the safe side.

have no fear - the truth is here......

The moorings from the UCC to the stretch past the stop house are 16th Jun -1st July.

Further on, past the bridge and opposite the Boat, they are just restricted from today (yesterday now) 20th until the 24th.

There was oodles of space earlier.

Boats currently on site are,

betelgeuse, lillian, oxford1, gallileo, columbia, hineroa, raidiant, ilkleston, vulcan , the cheese boat, pelican, atlantic, cepheus, atlas, malus, sagitta, northolt, kestrel, sickle, owl, hampton, joseph, badger, panther, reginald, vesta, nautilus, royal oak, cyprus, sextans, angel, slough.

some of these may not be officially entered, but they are there tonight.

A bit of a long shot - I'm helping out with the stewarding on Saturday and would very much like to avoid an 0630 start from home. Has any body got a bit of floor in a hold or better yet a bunk I'd could use on Friday night? I am house trained and will bring bacon and buy beer.

Mike-the-boiler - are you intending to participate in the parade ?

Yep. I imagined that participation was compulsory having been officially entered into to the festival and given a mooring space.

Are you coming? You can have a look at the Gleniffer!

I am not going to make it this year which is a great disappointme tbut as the weather looks suitable for cruising and i have a 12hour trip ahead of me on the boat i will be doing that instead, i was almost hoping for high winds so i could come ro Braunston instead. I will reslly miss not seeing folks there.

I shall be there Sunday morning with Sue. I have a pile of gearbox bits to collect, some fiddle rail knobs to pick up, a secret assignment with a Gleniffer drip feed control and some friends to meet

What fun!

Richard

I agree, a great day, with a nice relaxed atmosphere. Lily-Mae had her first boating experience aboard 'Linnet' for the parade which she thoroughly enjoyed and waved at most people!!!!!!

Looking forward to going back tomorrow.

Dan

• Greenie 1

I was thinking about calling down but just didn't get around to it today (painted the pigeon box instead). Might pop down tomorrow.

How many boats are there? Anyone got a list? (ETA before some says it - a list of the boats there, not a lean to one side.

Edited by Speedwheel

A very pleasant today - not as hot as previous years.

I'm just sorting out my videos.

There's a boat with "Fenny" written on a hatch, but I couldn't see any other name.

Is that her proper name ?

Edited by jake_crew

How was the weathEr? We are a long way away without a car or we would have been there. We're there any comments about all the closed moorings? To be expected after the complaints last year about trying to pass all the moored working boats 5 deep. I hope all those that moaned weren't hoping to moor this year.

How many boats are there? Anyone got a list? (ETA before some says it - a list of the boats there, not a lean to one side.

Supposed to be somewhere just over 60, but I haven't made a list.

Serious "tugfest" here though, with around a dozen in the gaggle where we are, so "Tycho" is missed.

"Sickle" certainly had a list earlier with thirteen on board for a trip to the pub!