Is *anyone* going to Braunston this year?

Chertsey

Featured Posts

Think of the bandwidth!

I got a lovely photo of Aber as it happens and am about to post it on the blog but it'll only be small cos using Blogpress.

Sorry yes - it wasn't just in direct response to your post....but surely there must be someone who was there not limited to band-with restrictions....

????...anybody??

You were about 3 boat lengths in front of just Owl when i saw you, just past Lionhearts in Great Linford, nice boat!

I moved over and let them through, they were much quicker than myself, and I didn't want to go much faster. Weather was too nice to get shouted at, lol

I shall be travelling from the North East to the South West on either Saturday or Sunday and I was thinking of dropping in for a few hours. It appears that this evening I may have ruffled the feathers of every narrow boat carrier (retail coal / diesel / pump-out) so perhaps it is better that I stay away :captain:

Owl & Hampton passed me today, twice! Between fenny and Milton Keynes. They were doing well considering the depth of water, well, lack of it.

What's the problem with water levels between Fenny and MK, then ? It was over all the weirs when we went up, so I'm a bit surprised if it isn't now ?

Radiant and ilkeston here today and atlas/minus here in the morning.

Is the "minus" some kind of joke I'm missing, or just a reference to it being wrong in another thread title ?

I shall be travelling from the North East to the South West on either Saturday or Sunday and I was thinking of dropping in for a few hours. It appears that this evening I may have ruffled the feathers of every narrow boat carrier (retail coal / diesel / pump-out) so perhaps it is better that I stay away :captain:

I'd genuinely like to meet you Pete, bur can't promise exemplary boat handling skills on the day.

I must admit I tend to think the only way many of us novices get better is by learning from past mistakes, and I've not yet been doing it long enough for many of the mistakes not to still be happening.

In my experience even those of us who tussle a bit on the forum, tend to get on fine when we actually get together at the show! :rolleyes:

Is the "minus" some kind of joke I'm missing, or just a reference to it being wrong in another thread title ?

entirely my fault alan, I was posting from phone which loves my big fingers and wants to create new boat names when I can't see the screen, or a drop of rain makes the keyboard go all doolalley.

I also blame the broad brummy accents of the crew.......

shall we try Malus..

Edited by matty40s

What's the problem with water levels between Fenny and MK, then ? It was over all the weirs when we went up, so I'm a bit surprised if it isn't now ?

No, there's no problem with water. Even traditionally low pounds like Jackdaw pound are fine. Perhaps Jenlyn saw that we were stuck at one point, but that was because of a huge sheet of plastic round the blade.

We are at Weedon so expect to arrive at Braunston tomorrow. Have many boats arrived yet?

We are at Weedon so expect to arrive at Braunston tomorrow. Have many boats arrived yet?

They hadn't by Saturday evening, when Sickle, Atlantic and Pelican seemed to be the only historic boats yet moored on the main line - so nothing full length at all, at that stage. I guess some more may have got there by now ?

Mooring restrictions for non-historic boats were due to commence today, according to the signs.