Is *anyone* going to Braunston this year?

Chertsey

Featured Posts

Graham from "Joseph" is here at Stoke, and he is under the impression that about 70 are booked in, although some "no shows" are expected.

If that's right, it sounds fine to me. Anything from (say) 50 to 80 I think might make for a better event.

Also it is expected it may be less "Josher-centric" - I won't mind that either, if true!

Admiral

Chertsey - are you taking Bakewell too?

Hampton

Linnet

Ling

Owl

Sickle

Stanton

Victoria

Cyprus

Already there:

Dover

Vulcan

From the Brinklow Boat Services collective:

Barrow Is that with top planks or without ? !!!!!!!

Aquila

Baltic

Lamprey

Star

Sextans

plus the faux historique Oberon on its first outing.

David

Edited by Graham_Robinson

Reading your blog Alan, you need a Primus. Just the job when the range fails to play ball, and usually can be tucked away down beside the range on the left. They do pop up on Ebay quite a bit, but check out Classic Camp Stoves for chapter and verse. The 'silent burner' models are best, as the 'roarer' lives up to its name.

Reading your blog Alan, you need a Primus. Just the job when the range fails to play ball, and usually can be tucked away down beside the range on the left. They do pop up on Ebay quite a bit, but check out Classic Camp Stoves for chapter and verse. The 'silent burner' models are best, as the 'roarer' lives up to its name.

Actually I was not being entirely accurate, Derk.

As an alternative to the Epping range, we do have a single burner "Origo" meths stove, which is actually remarkably effective.

Trouble is that is usually on top of the range if the range is shut down, but there is no where particularly safe or convenient to set it up if the range is alight, but not hot enough to boil kettles quickly itself.

The arrangements in "Sickle" do leave a very small area to the left of the range, but not big enough to store a Primus. When not in use, the "Origo" lives on the swim, underneath.

Actually I was not being entirely accurate, Derk.

As an alternative to the Epping range, we do have a single burner "Origo" meths stove, which is actually remarkably effective.

Trouble is that is usually on top of the range if the range is shut down, but there is no where particularly safe or convenient to set it up if the range is alight, but not hot enough to boil kettles quickly itself.

The arrangements in "Sickle" do leave a very small area to the left of the range, but not big enough to store a Primus. When not in use, the "Origo" lives on the swim, underneath.

Adamant is here already, and has been for two weeks.

Well we have our confirmation now.....

Trying to merge the lists, and add several more I know about yields about 24 "fairly definites".

Admiral

Aquilla

Baltic

Barrow

Carnaby

Chertsey

Cyprus

Dodona (I think)

Dover

Hampton

Kimberley

Lamprey

Linnet

Ling

Nutfield

Owl

Raymond

Sextans

Sickle

Stanton

Star

White Heather

Vesta

Victoria

Vulcan

A revised version, then....

Admiral

Aquilla

Baltic

Barrow

Carnaby

Chertsey

Corona

Cyprus

Dodona

Dover

Hampton

Ilkeston

Kestrel

Kimberley

Lamprey

Linnet

Ling

Northolt

Nutfield

Owl

Raymond

Sculptor

Sextans

Sickle

Southern Cross

Stanton

Star

White Heather

Vesta

Victoria

Vulcan

A revised version, then....

Admiral

Aquilla

Baltic

Barrow

Carnaby

Chertsey

Corona

Cyprus

Dodona

Dover

Hampton

Ilkeston

Kestrel

Kimberley

Lamprey

Linnet

Ling

Northolt

Nutfield

Owl

Raymond

Sculptor

Sextans

Sickle

Southern Cross

Stanton

Star

White Heather

Vesta

Victoria

Vulcan

I guess the following a pretty likely too....

Angel (usually based at Braunston)

Joseph

Also this year the focus is on the "non Josher" fleet, (with apologies to "Hampton", celebrating 100 years old, I believe!), and particularly the formation of the Blue Line fleet.

From the final Blue Line boats, "Nutfield" and "Raymond" are on the list, (Let's not redo the "Raymond" discussion here!), and also "Stanton". ("Belmont" - "Stanton's" old butty is rusting away in a discovery park, so not a possibility!).

"Lucy" under restoration will of course be in Pete Boyce's yard - I don't know if that will be open for visitors like some previous years - I would hope Pete might make it so ?

I would hope "Renfrew", ("Lucy's" final motor, with Blue Line), is there too - again normally based at Pete Boyce's and co-owned with Nick Hill, I believe. Other (non Blue Line) possibilities from the Pete Boyce fleet might be "Betelgeuse" and "James Loader". Linky to Pete Boyce's "Phobox" site.

EDITED TO ADD:

Not seen "Paul H" on the forum for a while, I think - his lovely "Capricorn" is another possibilty, I'm guessing ?.

Edited by alan_fincher

Is it still there?

I'd heard that they were going to get rid, finally, as it wasn't part of their "future plans".

Ah then! _ I don't know.

I thought I had fairly recently talked to someone who had taken a look at through it, and I thought fairly recently, but am struggling to remember who it was. (Well I have recently turned 60, and such "senior moments" do seem more common these days!....)

Just for my own curiostity can someone please tell me where this boat is languishing.

Thanks

Darren

Last I knew was that Belmont is beached at Snibston Discovery Park

There were claims in This thread that it was cut up about 2005, but I'm sure I've seen far more recent evidence of its continuing existence than this.

In view of Carl's comments, I personally don't know if it isstill there, or not.

Anybody ?

Edited by alan_fincher

I guess the following a pretty likely too....

Angel (usually based at Braunston)

Joseph

Also this year the focus is on the "non Josher" fleet, (with apologies to "Hampton", celebrating 100 years old, I believe!), and particularly the formation of the Blue Line fleet.

From the final Blue Line boats, "Nutfield" and "Raymond" are on the list, (Let's not redo the "Raymond" discussion here!), and also "Stanton". ("Belmont" - "Stanton's" old butty is rusting away in a discovery park, so not a possibility!).

"Lucy" under restoration will of course be in Pete Boyce's yard - I don't know if that will be open for visitors like some previous years - I would hope Pete might make it so ?

I would hope "Renfrew", ("Lucy's" final motor, with Blue Line), is there too - again normally based at Pete Boyce's and co-owned with Nick Hill, I believe. Other (non Blue Line) possibilities from the Pete Boyce fleet might be "Betelgeuse" and "James Loader". Linky to Pete Boyce's "Phobox" site.

EDITED TO ADD:

Not seen "Paul H" on the forum for a while, I think - his lovely "Capricorn" is another possibilty, I'm guessing ?.

Any one know if any diesel boats will be plying their trade?

Any one know if any diesel boats will be plying their trade?

Normally I would expect to see Julia Cook there with "Towcester", but then normally I'd also expect to see her at the Stoke Bruerne gala last weekend. Her "Towcester" and "Bideford" were on the program, but the boats were not there.

The only other ones I can immediately think of are "Archimedes" and "Ara", but I think they have been mentioned as not attending this year.

Normally I would expect to see Julia Cook there with "Towcester", but then normally I'd also expect to see her at the Stoke Bruerne gala last weekend. Her "Towcester" and "Bideford" were on the program, but the boats were not there.

Same could be said for quite a few boats at the Stoke Bruerne Gala last weekend! The Programme didn't seem the most accurate from what I saw, although I didn't get there until later on yesterday.

Last I knew was that Belmont is beached at Snibston Discovery Park

There were claims in This thread that it was cut up about 2005, but I'm sure I've seen far more recent evidence of its continuing existence than this.

In view of Carl's comments, I personally don't know if it isstill there, or not.

Anybody ?

I think that it may be there - my grand children go regularly - perhaps someone can ring and find out and possibly make an offer at just above scrap value.