Is *anyone* going to Braunston this year?

Chertsey

Featured Posts

You can talk!! Taking Linnet this year aren't you?

Not personally! but I will be onboard for the weekend :)

Hope to be there next year on Ariel, when everything has settled down at this end.

This year all the 48 hour moorings in Braunston will be suspended which is a change from previous years. This includes all the moorings from Braunston Turn to the marina ladder bridge.

The extra space will mean that there's less likelihood of boats having to moor five abreast. This will make the parades less chaotic since in previous years the hold ups have been caused by deep drafted boats getting stuck in the restricted channel. Won't be half as much fun for the spectators, though!

We hope to be there with Owl and Hampton. Come and have a chat. (I'll be wearing my CWDF T-shirt).

Lets start a list of boats we know to be going...

Admiral

Chertsey - are you taking Bakewell too?

Hampton

Linnet

Ling

Owl

Sickle

Stanton

Victoria

Already there:

Dover

Vulcan

Edited by sarahavfc

Admiral

Hampton

Linnet

Ling

Owl

Sickle

Stanton

Victoria

Cyprus

Already there:

Dover

Vulcan

From the Brinklow Boat Services collective:

Barrow

Aquila

Baltic

Lamprey

Star

Sextans

plus the faux historique Oberon on its first outing.

David

No we are not taking Bakewell! The tiller has broken good and proper so that needs to be replaced before we think about going anywhere really. Also she's not very pretty at present, although we have unsheathed the back cabin from its polythene winter coat, lulled into a false belief that it might actually be summer.

Abobe all, the additional fun of dragging the butty there would be cancelled out by not having the fun of no mod cons. It's the highlight of my year, getting the paraffin out.

Admiral

Hampton

Linnet

Ling

Owl

Sickle

Stanton

Victoria

Cyprus

Already there:

Dover

Vulcan

From the Brinklow Boat Services collective:

Barrow

Aquila

Baltic

Lamprey

Star

Sextans

plus the faux historique Oberon on its first outing.

David

Carnaby will be there as well.

And Joseph will be as Graham is harbourmaster...

We were actually at Braunston yesterday (long story) and went to see Libby, but didn't quite manage to ask about numbers. However she gave me my confirmation letter to save posting it and PB reckoned that at a very rough guess there was a pile of about 30 envelopes.

Even if it is a very select affair I hope we can make it a success and look forward to meeting old friends and making new ones in a more... intimate... setting.

I see they are having that dreadfully loud band on the Saturday night again though, which is a shame.

We were actually at Braunston yesterday (long story) and went to see Libby, but didn't quite manage to ask about numbers. However she gave me my confirmation letter to save posting it and PB reckoned that at a very rough guess there was a pile of about 30 envelopes.

Even if it is a very select affair I hope we can make it a success and look forward to meeting old friends and making new ones in a more... intimate... setting.

I hope you mean it is a "select affair" because relatively few are electing to go, rather than Tim & Co will decide who does!

I say that because we are already part way there, and I might have hoped to hear by now if we had not made it through any "auditions"!

I hope you mean it is a "select affair" because relatively few are electing to go, rather than Tim & Co will decide who does!

I say that because we are already part way there, and I might have hoped to hear by now if we had not made it through any "auditions"!

Absolutely, we shall be entirely self selected.

When I was there on Thursday they appeared to have the letters ready to send out so you should be getting yours soon. Maybe they delayed until the last minute in the hope of getting more interest.