TapaTalk?

Featured Posts

I have just downloaded "Tapatalk" on my iPad, I have been adding all the forums that I use but cant find "canalworld" on the Tapatalk network.

Is it possible to use this forum with Tapatalk or am i just missing something?

I have just downloaded "Tapatalk" on my iPad, I have been adding all the forums that I use but cant find "canalworld" on the Tapatalk network.

Is it possible to use this forum with Tapatalk or am i just missing something?

Sorry can't answer your question but curious about Tapatalk - what are the advantages over Safari access to the forums?

Thanks - Davo

Sorry can't answer your question but curious about Tapatalk - what are the advantages over Safari access to the forums?

Thanks - Davo

I have only just started using it so have not had chance to explore yet.

I'd say the main advantage is that if you use several forums you can use one user interface (the tapatalk app) to access all of the forums that you frequent.

Look at the tapatalk FAQ the forum has to enable support for it by installing a plugin.

I wonder if an "Admin" could look into this for us?

• 2 weeks later...

Invision do have a App in the apple store for access there forums, with an android one promised soon, however tapatalk support is something I will look into.

Daniel

Ok thanks.

Will have a look at the Invision app :)

• 2 months later...

Just like to add, I would also like to see Tapatalk enabled on this forum. If any of the admin are techy, take a look at

http://forum.xda-developers.com/

It's all about modding android phones... But they have a free app which is basically tapatalk for their forum only, tapatalk is a premium app, there isn't a free version to try. Tapatalk is available for android & iOS

Tapatalk offer a free plugin for forum owners so that you can enable us to use tapatalk on your forum

Edited by Ssscrudddy

• 5 years later...

We could easily add this but the only downside is that mobile users will receive a prompt asking if they want to download/install the tapatalk app which some may find annoying/intrusive. Though it should only appear once until your browser cache is cleared IIRC. Interested to hear views/thoughts.

Rich

1 hour ago, RichM said:

We could easily add this but the only downside is that mobile users will receive a prompt asking if they want to download/install the tapatalk app which some may find annoying/intrusive. Though it should only appear once until your browser cache is cleared IIRC. Interested to hear views/thoughts.

Rich

So everybody will get this request once you install the plug-in, the first time they access the forum on a mobile?

The less tech savvy users are likely to think they have to install it I suspect.

And anything adding to the complexity of the forum software introduces more scope for unexpected stuff to go wrong. 

I think something to serve 0.1% of forum users is unnecessary really. How many regular posters here would find it useful? One so far has expressed an interest. Anyone else?

Well if the original post was in 2012, and then a six year gap to the 'bump', it cant really be that pressing can it?

Why do we need an app to manage fora (plural of forums?). I just click on an email notification and go from there. Please dont complicate things. In twenty years time we will need a poll on whether to leave or not, and look what that has meant.

2 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Well if the original post was in 2012, and then a six year gap to the 'bump', it cant really be that pressing can it?

Well, I quite like Spanish food, so if someone ones to talk Tapas, who are we to stand in their way. 

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Well, I quite like Spanish food, so if someone ones to talk Tapas, who are we to stand in their way. 

Ooooh, if its tapas on the menu, count me in. My favourite with a pint of Estrella Galicia. Mrs Bob will try a Rioja.

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

The less tech savvy users are likely to think they have to install it I suspect.

Er, probably not, because this is for use on a mobile phone, and they won't have one, so no problem.

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Er, probably not, because this is for use on a mobile phone, and they won't have one, so no problem.

Noooo.... there are only two people in the world left who can't see the point of a mobile phone.

A good proportion of mobile users are not particularly techno-lit.

7 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Noooo.... there are only two people in the world left who can't see the point of a mobile phone.

A good proportion of mobile users are not particularly techno-lit.

I recently saw it stated that about 60% of British people own a phobile mone (though I'm not sure at what age they started counting, nor how they counted them. So that leaves a quite large number who do not own one.

1 hour ago, Athy said:

I recently saw it stated that about 60% of British people own a phobile mone (though I'm not sure at what age they started counting, nor how they counted them. So that leaves a quite large number who do not own one.

I would think 99.9% of boat owners would own a mobile. 

How about a pole? (I'll have to go ogle another) 

3a11d40b6bf72ccc01e89505dd20a303.jpg

Edited by rusty69