How to make coffee on a boat

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

"Satan's wheelbarrow" :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm crying with laughter!

Starry, you've missed your true vocation! You should be a professional writer! :cheers:

No - stand up comedian..........perhaps your friendly boilerman could put you forward for BGT next year.

Trust me, the solution that requires a solid fuel cabin range to be hot enough to boil the water, (and where the only water you might have is in a portable container that should contain water, but often doesn't), doesn't actually make for a faster cup of coffee than your method.

I do think I enjoy them more, when so much effort has gone into their production, though.

p.s. I hate Coca Cola, so not an option!

Guest wanted

You should write those living afloat guides for RBOA, because no one, but no one tells it how it is like you do.

Agreed! You always hit the nail on the head. So, how about it? Starry's real guide to boat life?

Said wanted, who has taken his boat and his neighbours cassette over to the pump out, changed his and his neighbours gas bottle, filled his water tank and is embarking on operation clean up before friends visit tomorrow.

I will have a glass of coke please!

I have to own up, it was ME who changed the last gas bottle and tightened the regulator up so tight.

BUT.... in my own defence I'd say I initially did it up as tight as usual using my own top kwality adjustable plumbers' spanner. And then I loosened it a little thinking Starry would need to get it off again herself with whatever miserable apology for a spanner the mreena office was likely to palm off on her when she went to buy her own.

Silly mee for not anticipating the eventual true sequence of events :D

Duly greenied!

I lurve Coke!

Trust me, the solution that requires a solid fuel cabin range to be hot enough to boil the water, (and where the only water you might have is in a portable container that should contain water, but often doesn't), doesn't actually make for a faster cup of coffee than your method.

I do think I enjoy them more, when so much effort has gone into their production, though.

p.s. I hate Coca Cola, so not an option!

That's easy, you light it at the bottom of the Wolverhampton 21, and it's nearly ready by the time you get to the top!

That's easy, you light it at the bottom of the Wolverhampton 21, and it's nearly ready by the time you get to the top!

It would easily have been ready if we had gone up at our normal pace! It's only because you sped us along it wasn't ready yet!

I have to own up, it was ME who changed the last gas bottle and tightened the regulator up so tight.

BUT.... in my own defence I'd say I initially did it up as tight as usual using my own top kwality adjustable plumbers' spanner. And then I loosened it a little thinking Starry would need to get it off again herself with whatever miserable apology for a spanner the mreena office was likely to palm off on her when she went to buy her own.

Silly mee for not anticipating the eventual true sequence of events :D

Duly greenied!

I lurve Coke!

I didn't name you in my list, but I was certainly 'naming' you when I couldn't get the effing thing off! :D