Portable toilet from Lidl

Featured Posts

From the 7th May, Lidl are selling a look alike Porta Potti for only 39.99. Could be a bargain if you are looking for a new portable toilet.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/index_30856.htm

UK_70715_01_b.jpg

UK_70715_01_v.jpg

UK_70715_02_v.jpg

Edited by David Schweizer

Max Load: 150 Kilograms :o

The mind absolutely boggles, but I'm certainly not attempting to empty a completely full one, if that is even close to the truth!

(Presumably actually the heaviest person that can safely sit on one ?? :wacko:)

D'you know, I looked at that photo and wondered about the two bottles. Then I realised our Thetford has a simialar flap, and I'D NEVER KNOWN WHY. I can be so dim at times...

Any tips on how to pick up Lidl bargains? Do all stores tend to stock these toilets? Is there an online store?

Somehow I can't imagine there's much demand for portable toilets in Southall, but you never know...

D'you know, I looked at that photo and wondered about the two bottles. Then I realised our Thetford has a simialar flap, and I'D NEVER KNOWN WHY. I can be so dim at times...

I'm glad it's not just me then! :blush:

Don't buy one if you are going anywhere near salty water.

Mine lasted a couple of months before the rod to pull the flap between bowl and tank rusted and seized solid.

hi carl,

just been out and purchased one, it is infact a thetford toilet in a 'rocktrail' box, the specs are the same as thetford 365, and could possible be a 550p, not being a thunder box anorak i cant tell the difference!

there are only three steel parts on the entire toilet, these being the screws that hold the catch between flush and waste tank. the dump thru valve operating rod is all plastic so would avoid the problem of it seizing up in salt water enviroment.

quick google shopping gives price of 80 quid plus for the 365 and 115 plus for the 550p

good old lidl bargin at its best! cant go wrong at 40 notes.

cheers

gaz

...the dump thru valve operating rod is all plastic so would avoid the problem of it seizing up in salt water enviroment.

That's good!

I'm glad they identified a weakness and dealt with it.

Edited to add: Looking at the photo the level indicator was blanked off, on mine, so it may be a different toilet altogether.

Edited by carlt

From the 7th May, Lidl are selling a look alike Porta Potti for only 39.99. Could be a bargain if you are looking for a new portable toilet.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/index_30856.htm

UK_70715_01_b.jpg

UK_70715_01_v.jpg

UK_70715_02_v.jpg

If Lidl have sold out you can get a very similar, if not identical one mail order for the same price from Towsure.co.uk in Sheffield, Brum,Southampton plus £9.95 delivery. No conection, just a satisfied customer for many years.

Mike

I've also been and bought one. It even says Thetford on it. Came just in time as my old loo leaked when I carried it to the car :sick:

It is annoying that they change the fixing between the top and bottom ever so slightly so you can't keep the old bottom as a spare.

Casp'

Just got mine from Lincoln store this afternoon, they still had 2 left if anyone local is still looking for one

Bought it as a back up as my boat has a perfectly good pump out system fitted

God only knows where I stand in the pump out versus cassette debate now - probably vilified by both sides :wacko:

and I went with them and carried it back to thier boat on my lap(in thier car) :cheers:

thanks mum :cheers:

Just got mine from Lincoln store this afternoon, they still had 2 left if anyone local is still looking for one

God only knows where I stand in the pump out versus cassette debate now - probably vilified by both sides :wacko:

Same here! I think I'll just stay out of the arguments.

No. Same as me so admired for embracing both.