Removing a Thetford C200CW Toilet

Tonie

Featured Posts

Hi,

I want to remove the Thetford C200CW toilet in my narrowboat to lay the floor, but the instruction don't make it clear and I don't want to force anything, anyone done this who can help me?

Thanks.

IIRC the Thetford Cassette toilets have up to 4 screws through the base that hold them to the floor. You'll need to remove the cassette, and peer in, but the further away ones may be not possible to see, and you may need to feel around for them.

Seem to remember a "bit of a faff" to put screws in, so taking out may be similar.

They also have a bracket on the wall, but they hook over this, and are not screwed to it, so once base screws are removed, they should lift easily off the bracket, (which remains on the wall).

Remove the cassette and reach into the space where it was. You'll find four screws through the base of the toilet into the floor. They're not in plain sight, being sort of hidden in the "folds" of the plastic base. They're actually at high points in the molding, so that any spillage inside doesn't escape though the screw holes.

Once the screws are removed, the toilet just lifts up and unhooks from the wall bracket.

HTH

MP.

ETA: Fincher beat me to it. Drat, drat, and double drat.

Edited by MoominPapa

Hi,

I want to remove the Thetford C200CW toilet in my narrowboat to lay the floor, but the instruction don't make it clear and I don't want to force anything, anyone done this who can help me?

Thanks.

Hi

Mines is held by being hooked onto two screws into the upright part and simply lift of

Alex

Thanks to those of you who replied, I have now removed it and fitted the flooring - Another good job done.

Depending on the thickness of the flooring you are laying you may need to adjust the height of the wall mounted hook over bracket by a corresponding amount, other wise the loo will not clip over it securely.

Sorry if I'm stating something obvious to you.

Depending on the thickness of the flooring you are laying you may need to adjust the height of the wall mounted hook over bracket by a corresponding amount, other wise the loo will not clip over it securely.

Sorry if I'm stating something obvious to you.

So glad that you are re-fitting the cassette loo,you had me going for a minute,i wondered if you were fitting a pump-out system?

i was really worried that SMELLY might get to hear of it,and as he is carefully chipping out a new commandment regarding solid fuel stoves,he could have slipped and cracked the stone! :cheers: