Magull overnight mooring?

Gunna Do

Featured Posts

During our summer trip we want to visit an Auntie in Magull (before the little darling's school holidays!). I'm aware that the area has had a dodgy reputation in the past but is this still the case?. Has anyone any suggestions for a night's mooring in the area?

The lydiate area will be safer than going maghull ,old roan side.Before the running horses would probably be safest,abundance of pubs close by,hare and hounds,wellblundell,coach and horses,all near by the cut.local taxis are 0151-526-5050.

yes I've overnighted a couple of times at the Running Horses (which does nice food! ), but have heard of trouble in Maghull. If you want to stay there I'd try and find sonewhere offside as a boat on the towpath would be a bit of a novelty.

eta : do I mean the Coach and Horses?! Lydiate by the swing bridge!

we moored at swingbridge 10 just beyond MAGHULL along with 2 other boats last night without any problems, except for the wind and rain this morning which made it difficult to make our way for LIVERPOOL.

Now in SALTSFORD DOCK all cosied up after real soaking .:rolleyes:

we moored at swingbridge 10 just beyond MAGHULL along with 2 other boats last night without any problems, except for the wind and rain this morning which made it difficult to make our way for LIVERPOOL.

Now in SALTSFORD DOCK all cosied up after real soaking .:rolleyes:

I saw a couple of boats coming down the link this morning in lashing down rain? I saw 2 boats struggling to get in the lock at princes dk?

I saw a couple of boats coming down the link this morning in lashing down rain? I saw 2 boats struggling to get in the lock at princes dk?

there were 4 baots making their way to SALTSFORD DOCK and i imagine all of us were struggling even the ones with the girlie buttons.

today is nice and sunny and were are off to see some of the museums.

the last time i was in LIVERPOOL was 1981 on my way back from the T.T. RACES in THE ISLE OF MAN, the transformation is quite impressive.