Batten down the hatches, folks!

Dominic M

Featured Posts

Those of us due to work a boat up the Wolverhampton 21 tomorrow, (currently at Aiutherley with "Sickle"), will be able to let you know just how bad boating conditions become in the Black Country by Sunday morning.....

(Unfortunately!.....)

...been at work overnight and it's been tipping it down and somewhat windy all through the night. Slightly anxious as to whether my boat will be where I left her or on the lawn of the rather fine (and out of my price range) French Horn at Sonning-on/under-Thames

Well it was a dry, bright but windy day yesterday on the Macc, but everyone was warning us of todays forecast. It looks like they were right it's pretty miserable weather here in Marple, still got the blustery wind but now it's peeing down to. Oh well better get the overalls & waterproofs on & get out there.

Happy boating to any other nutters that are out boating!

Been stuck in Rotherham since last Wednesday with the river Don in flood. Briefly saw the top of the yellow on the lock strong stream marker board through the murky water yesterday aftenoon, but it is now back in the red. Oh and it's raining too.

Jenny

Been stuck in Rotherham since last Wednesday with the river Don in flood. Briefly saw the top of the yellow on the lock strong stream marker board through the murky water yesterday aftenoon, but it is now back in the red. Oh and it's raining too.

Jenny

This nicely shows how unhelpful the EA web site can be in assessing river levels and how the info. doesn't tally with the 'level indicator boards' as came up in the thread last week when we were stuck at Castleford.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/riverlevels/120702.aspx?stationId=8135

At the time of posting the Don looks to well within 'typical' levels, shaded green implying all is 'OK' - when clearly the river is actually in strong stream conditions and not fine at all.

Serves me right for gloating yesterday! It is blooming freezing up here today. It is (almost) dry but the temperarure is only 3%. It's almost May, for goodness sake.

Hope that all of you down there stuck because of too much water get moving again soon.

haggis

Serves me right for gloating yesterday! It is blooming freezing up here today. It is (almost) dry but the temperarure is only 3%. It's almost May, for goodness sake.

Hope that all of you down there stuck because of too much water get moving again soon.

haggis

Yes we are copping for it today in the North East of England. Rain lashing down and gusty winds....typical January day really....

oh hang on a sec...

Well having just come up the Wolverhampton 21, we can confirm that boating conditions are pretty foul in the Black Country area!

Can't believe "Chertsey" and "Paddington Bear" turned out on Sunday morning to work us up the flight in such "delightful" conditions....... Heroes! True heroes!

I think we will be packing up and heading back to bricks and mortar shortly. Carrie~Lou is wallowing, it must just be the angle the wind is hitting us here but it is actually making me feel quite :sick:

We only came here to recover!

I am so glad Sickle made it up the 21 ok. you will be safely tied in the vicinity of an old fashioned but before you know it!

in the vicinity of an old fashioned but.

Hut?

Boat?

Pub? (I hope!)

Fairly heavy rain here in the Fens, it stopped for a while but has returned with renewed vigour.

As my late mother was wont to say, "It'll clear up and rain".

Did you hold a candle for her?

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Yes!

And every other lad in the class I suspect

No - I mean every other lad in the class probably held a candle for her as well..................

I think we will be packing up and heading back to bricks and mortar shortly. Carrie~Lou is wallowing, it must just be the angle the wind is hitting us here but it is actually making me feel quite :sick:

We only came here to recover!

I am so glad Sickle made it up the 21 ok. you will be safely tied in the vicinity of an old fashioned but before you know it!

We are out on the Trent again for another three hours tonite, only saw 3 narrowboats yesterday but they were having fun. This is moooocho more interesting boating than flat calm ditches. :cheers:

Tim

We are out on the Trent again for another three hours tonite, only saw 3 narrowboats yesterday but they were having fun. This is moooocho more interesting boating than flat calm ditches. :cheers:

Tim

Hi

Where are you and which way are you going?

Alex