Special member names.....

Sam

Featured Posts

Jon,

You kno the rank settings...

Well can you set some for like

1-10 posts newbie, 10-50 member, 50-100 loyal member, 100-200 supa member, 200-500 Amazingly loyal member - or something

Instead of just 'member'

I agree with tobytimothy.

I'd rather we couldn't see the number of posts made by the member in the thread displays - it might discourage people posting threads which don't really add to the discussion. Single words or a series of smilies don't generally add much (Whose round is it anyway excepted).

It all seems a little complicated to me... I think that each of us can (and do!) judge the quality of posts just by reading them. We don't need a rating sytem (this was one feature on the old system that was very rarely used),

I don't see the importance of 'ranks' really. Its just another way to make new members feel like they need to have a certain amount of post before they are 'accepted', and as has already been said, there is not always a link between post count and quality.

The rank system as it stands is simple

0-10 posts = new member - this is to let other members to know they are new so that if things are posted in the wrong place etc then that is the reason.

10+ posts = member - a full member of the site.

Moderator (Site Crew) = has responsbility for check posts conform to rules and guidlines, and also to assist with technical queries.

Site Host (Site Crew) (me :D) = has responsiblility to keep forum running, has final decision in all matters, and assists in moderation. Also deals with most technical queries. (He also pays for the site :o )

I don't see why we need things any more complicated than that.

Jon

Edited by Jon

• 2 weeks later...