what have you done to your boat today??

pete23

Featured Posts

Nothing :(

The boat is 50 miles away hopefully behaving itself :lol:

I did spend last night studying the navigation charts and tide tables for our next coastal trip to Hartlepool, Whitby and Scarborough though. So this weekends job is inputting the waypoints into the plotter and double checking them.

Cut down a 13mm spanner to half its length and wrapped the end in heat shrink. The method to this madness is so that when I replace the batteries next weekend, there won't be sparks flying from twirling the spanner on the positive clamps with steelwork in close proximity.

Hope it works!

Cut down a 13mm spanner to half its length and wrapped the end in heat shrink. The method to this madness is so that when I replace the batteries next weekend, there won't be sparks flying from twirling the spanner on the positive clamps with steelwork in close proximity.

Hope it works!

what a splendid idea, I might try that one after welding my last spanner to one of me batteries!!

so what you lot been doing to your vessels??

I can't be bothered with boats anymore, but today I picked up my Jaguar XK coupe from the body shop having had it fully repainted. You could say I am over the moon with it.

There is so much rain and standing water in Bristol that I almost floated it home :captain:

Today I have still not seen NC. She is still 50 miles away and should still be behaving herself.

But I have concocted a Plan C for the bank holiday weekend.

Plan A (a trip down to Boston then a play on the Wash) looks unlikely to happen due to water levels in the Witham. Plan b, a couple of days in West Stockwith isnt really very exciting for a bank holiday weekend.

So Plan C is a cruise down the Trent, anchor at Trent Falls to wait for the tide, then take the tide up to Goole. Enter Goole at Ocean Lock before carrying on to Pollington for a curry on Saturday night. On Sunday do the same in reverse landing back at Torksey by 8.30pm in time for a steak pie in the Swan :cheers:

The tide timings work for this one so it sounds like our best option at the minute :cheers:

:huh: Often am.

Mod's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peg this thread.

We may need to refer back to this post in the future

:lol:

........... Oh and when I get home this evening, I'm carrying on with the kitchen refit

It's going well so far, but I'm getting fed up of living in a building site

gallery_1645_261_178240.jpg

Today I have still not seen NC. She is still 50 miles away and should still be behaving herself.

Plan A (a trip down to Boston then a play on the Wash) looks unlikely to happen due to water levels in the Witham. Plan b, a couple of days in West Stockwith isnt really very exciting for a bank holiday weekend.

So Plan C is a cruise down the Trent, anchor at Trent Falls to wait for the tide, then take the tide up to Goole. Enter Goole at Ocean Lock before carrying on to Pollington for a curry on Saturday night. On Sunday do the same in reverse landing back at Torksey by 8.30pm in time for a steak pie in the Swan :cheers:

The tide timings work for this one so it sounds like our best option at the minute :cheers:

You really do your homework don't you? You deserve to have great trips.

Mike

I crossed the Witham at Kirkstead Bridge yesterday Phylis

Levels don't look too bad maybe only a foot or two above normal summer level and not chocolate brown and racing through

Edited by Bazza2

Yep, the have been several threads on here over the last year or so and the conclusion I draw from people's experiance was that there's not a lot to be gained but moving them around all day.

Edited by Biggles

You really do your homework don't you? You deserve to have great trips.

Mike

You dont have much choice when you are cruising on serious tidal waterways. If you dont do your homework you end up in trouble. No point getting somewhere to then realise you cant get back in the time you have. :rolleyes:

I crossed the Witham at Kirkstead Bridge yesterday Phylis

Levels don't look too bad maybe only a foot or two above normal summer level and not chocolate brown and racing through

Having been stranded the wrong side of Stamp End before we are not willing to risk it again. With the rain in the weather forecast we are mush safer and much more likely to get home again if we head out the other way.

Plus we both fancy a curry at Pollington again now. Mind you it is a bit of a long way by boat just to get a curry at 156 mile round trip :cheers:

It is a shame that we wont be able to get any sea time with the newbies who are planning to come to Whitby with us though. Their first taste of the sea is now going to be the trek from Grimsby to Whitby. Far from ideal but at least they will be in company :blink:

You've all made me feel incredibly lazy as I lie in bed still listening to the rain and knowing there are 1001 job I need to on Woof but cant muster the enthusiasm. Now where is my book...

When weather permits, I'm blacking the bottom of my little 27-foot Springer at Fox's. I have not blacked a boat's botty before, so can someone please tell me: should I black the propellor? I can't think why not but there may be a reason.

Note: I'll be putting this boat up for sale in a couple of months' time if anyone is looking for a starter boat.