Problem posting reply to topic

Featured Posts

</h1>

<h1 style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; ">Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Trying to post a reply to the topic Fitting Solar Panels. I get the above message if I attempt to post.

help.gif

Test 1

Richard

Well, that works, so it isn't a generally thing across all the threads on the server.

Have you tried again?

Hi Richard

Just tried again, same message. This is what I'm trying to post, maybe there's some bad content.

Ahhh it must be something in the content I'm trying to post, I pasted it in this reply and got the error message, I don't know though what content it doesnt like, There are some maths involved but never had a problem before.

</h1>

Trying to post a reply to the topic Fitting Solar Panels. I get the above message if I attempt to post.

help.gif

404 browser error generally means the requested page couldn't be found on the remote server - dead link in other words. In this case it may be/have been a temporary glitch.

Edited by richardhula

Hi Richard

Just tried again, same message. This is what I'm trying to post, maybe there's some bad content.

Ahhh it must be something in the content I'm trying to post, I pasted it in this reply and got the error message, I don't know though what content it doesnt like, There are some maths involved but never had a problem before.

Try bunging it into the 'code' box, it's the <> icon on the toolbar, says insert code snippet. That way perhaps we can work it out

Richard

Try bunging it into the 'code' box, it's the <> icon on the toolbar, says insert code snippet. That way perhaps we can work it out

Richard

Tried it in the code, still the same error laugh.gif

Test again

Nice find Lewis, ist part of reply

I was looking for brackets like those for ages after seeing some on another members boat similar but without the knob adjustment. TBH I would go for those or something similar on a NB much simpler and you can probably line them up centrally through the roof length which would look neat, and the curvature of the roof gives you a slightly deeper angle when angling side to side. It's unlikely you'll need 45 degrees in the summer as the sun is quite high over the U.K through summer. Sun is lower in the sky through winter.

Richard

Tried it in the code, still the same error laugh.gif

Test again

Nice find Lewis, ist part of reply

I was looking for brackets like those for ages after seeing some on another members boat similar but without the knob adjustment. TBH I would go for those or something similar on a NB much simpler and you can probably line them up centrally through the roof length which would look neat, and the curvature of the roof gives you a slightly deeper angle when angling side to side. It's unlikely you'll need 45 degrees in the summer as the sun is quite high over the U.K through summer. Sun is lower in the sky through winter.

Second paragraph of message

I won't get 45 degrees from my array, on side to side I'll get 30 and front to back about 25 that's, it depends on the height i set the centre of the array. I might get it steeper but have to assess how high I can go without impairing visibility, about 15 inches is about max really although that was roughly eyeing it up. The side to side slope is about 2 to 1 slope which is 27 degrees but there's a bit extra where the roof curves away.

There is a proper calculation I just can't remember it.

Hi Richard I think I've sussed it. Some mathmatical equasions I wrote I edited out and the text posted ok, must be something in the Maths laugh.gif I'll try to post now on the thread with equasions edited out.

All's Ok thanks Richard

Must have been the equations, very strange but truelaugh.gifIt wasn't exactly complicated either just calculations for degrees of slopes laugh.gif

Sent me on a downward spiral laugh.gif or slope wacko.gif

Clearly the hamster must be taking another break today. If I try to edit my profile information (which doesn't contain any mathematical formulae) this is what I get:when I press "save"

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.