Diesel Bubble Stove

Featured Posts

I'm looking at buying my first NB and one thing that I do want is a solid fuel stove. Some of the boats I'm looking at have diesel stoves and I was wondering how easy/how expensive it is to change to a solid fuel type. Not that I'm going to be doing it myself mind you....my DIY skills do not stretch this far. Thanks for any advice.

P.S. Sorry if this subject has been covered before.

Edited by Guest

I'm looking at buying my first NB and one thing that I do want is a solid fuel stove. Some of the boats I'm looking at have diesel stoves and I was wondering how easy/how expensive it is to change to a solid fuel type. Not that I'm going to be doing it myself mind you....my DIY skills do not stretch this far. Thanks for any advice.

Depending on the diesel stove you remove, you could probably sell it on. Be aware though that many diesel stoves run central heating, so if you remove it, it could end up very costly. Just swapping a diesel stove for a solid fuel stove would be quite straight forward although chimney replacement will come in to the equation as well. Of course using skilled labour isn't going to be cheap, It's difficult to put a price on it as it depends on what stove you buy and if the stove you remove has any value. I wouldn't think you would get much change out of 2k though.

i did a stove swap out on my boat when i got it. i got a pruty cheep 6kw stove for arpund 300 then the other parts to fit it cost around 200, i did fit it myself but i could have got the local boat yard to do it for about 150.

altho i will change the stove to a morso or somthing at some stage the cheepo stove i got did me all winter and had the boat happaly hot and dry over night all the time 24/7 without a hitch.

hope this helps B)

As julynian has said it depends on the instalation as to complexity and cost. I will say though it will be a good move and worthwhile as the benefits of the solid fuel stove far outweigh any early costs :)

Tim

As julynian has said it depends on the instalation as to complexity and cost. I will say though it will be a good move and worthwhile as the benefits of the solid fuel stove far outweigh any early costs :)

Tim

No comment